Kubota M9540

/ Kubota M9540 #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
The man I put up hay for has a M9540 just like mine but a little older. It has about 800 hours on it, hydro shuttle and 12 speed.

The hand throttle pushed all the way forward will not go above ~500 PTO RPM's. This is a major PITA as you can imagine.

I know this tractor has been split early on in it's life due to a faulty clutch pack and assume the throttle linkage wasn't set back properly.

Where can I adjust the linkage?

/ Kubota M9540
Anyone?

/ Kubota M9540 #3  
   / Kubota M9540 #4  
Does the foot throttle allow it to go higher?

/ Kubota M9540
Yes the foot throttle works just fine.

/ Kubota M9540 #6  
Not sure about the older models and I am assuming you are talking about a cab M9540...
On mine the hand throttle lever operates a cable that pulls down on the foot throttle.
The adjustment is on the hand lever under the cowling.

/ Kubota M9540
Not sure about the older models and I am assuming you are talking about a cab M9540...
On mine the hand throttle lever operates a cable that pulls down on the foot throttle.
The adjustment is on the hand lever under the cowling.

Well by older I mean a year or two, they all should be the same. It is actually a platform tractor but the linkage should also be the same I would think.

Do you mean right under the leaver?

/ Kubota M9540 #8  
Sorry, open-station will have completely different linkage.
"aczlan" above has the best advice.
The hand lever adjustment should be at the bottom end of its connection.

/ Kubota M9540
jdjdjd said:
The hand lever adjustment should be at the bottom end of its connection.

So you all mean right at the injector pump.

Is it just me or does the hood not open far enough to get to anything? Especially with the loader in the way too!!