NH 644 Round Baler questions

/ NH 644 Round Baler questions #1  

blainesdad

Tractor
2155 John Deere , 2550 John Deere MFWD with 175 loader, John Deere 5310 MFWD with 541 loader
I've been doing my baling with an older John Deere 410 rounder and am looking to upgrade. Have ran across a NH 644 that I am considering. I was about set on a Vermeer 504SI but have ran across this 644. I've never owned or even used a NH round baler before and just looking for some feedback if anybody has any. It is not a silage special model but has the auto wrap string tie which is exactly what I am looking for. I've never used a baler with a monitor before, so this will be a real change for me. It includes a bale command monitor with it. Any reviews on these balers or anything that I need to be looking for in them?
Thanks so much
Steve

/ NH 644 Round Baler questions #2  
A 644 in good shape will be a good reliable 5x4 baler. If the baler has AutoWrap (the automatic mechanical twine tie system) it will not have a Bale Command electronic monitor. AutoWrap balers come with a small box that acts as a full bale alarm with audible and visual signals, but you can bale hay without having or using the AutoWrap electronics.
Bale Command systems are electronic and fully automatic and have a sophisticated control system and monitor box that regulates bale size, number of wraps and displays bale shape. You cannot bale hay with an incomplete or non-functional Bale Command system.
You might want to better understand (or at least better describe) what it is that you are contemplating buying.

/ NH 644 Round Baler questions
A 644 in good shape will be a good reliable 5x4 baler. If the baler has AutoWrap (the automatic mechanical twine tie system) it will not have a Bale Command electronic monitor. AutoWrap balers come with a small box that acts as a full bale alarm with audible and visual signals, but you can bale hay without having or using the AutoWrap electronics.
Bale Command systems are electronic and fully automatic and have a sophisticated control system and monitor box that regulates bale size, number of wraps and displays bale shape. You cannot bale hay with an incomplete or non-functional Bale Command system.
You might want to better understand (or at least better describe) what it is that you are contemplating buying.

I've just seen pictures of the baler so far, he says it has the AutoWrap system that when the baler is full you just stop and it wraps the bale automatically. And it does have a Bale Command system with it, he sent me a picture of the box and it has all of those things that you are referring to. It does not have a netwrap on it though, but he said that it has the commands on the box for it if you ever added it. PM me your email or your cell number and I will forward you the pictures that he has sent me of the machine.
Thanks so much
Steve