John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram.

/ John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram. #1  

wbrowning

Tractor
ohn Deere 6310,2750,2355
Standing looking a baler it is left side ram has no nicks it has blown 3 times it is attached to a 6310 could there be a restriction in block hyd. hoses attach to.

/ John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram. #2  
Standing looking a baler it is left side ram has no nicks it has blown 3 times it is attached to a 6310 could there be a restriction in block hyd. hoses attach to.

do you have another tractor that you could run the baler on an see if it blows the seal again.if it blows again on a differant tractor then its the baler that has the prob.if it works fine then you have a prob on your baling tractor hydros that needs fixing.

/ John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram. #3  
Is it on the tailgate or the tension circuit?

/ John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram. #4  
Posm said:
Is it on the tailgate or the tension circuit?

I see it is the belt tension now. I am almost certain that the tailgate and belt tension circuits are isolated. The Deere uses small diameter, high pressure cylinders to run their density system. If you have properly installed more than one set of seals, you have a cylinder issue. It is scored, or out of round or you have a bur at a port. Take it to a cylinder shop who knows what they are doing and the will find the issue. I am sure that this is a Deere proprietary cylinder, so be prepared to pay up if replacement is needed. Should be ale to find a good used one on a burned baler at an Ag salvage yard.

/ John Deere 467 Round Baler blowin seal on belt tension hyd. ram. #5  
I agree that it is likely a cylinder issue. I don't like using hydraulic cylinders off burned balers.