Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
A friend called today and asked how quick I could get my tractor and a chain to where he was. My tractor was 2 miles from him and I was about 10. He said to hurry every chance I got as his tractor was sinking in mud along a creek.

When I got there it was worse than I had imagined. It was listing to the port side.

IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0572.jpg

Despite how bad it looked we had him free and were gone in less than 10 minutes.

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #3  
That Ford sure looked stuck alright; great to have good friends.

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #4  
Good thing he had the mower on there for a counterweight. Looks like it might have gone over otherwise...

Aaron Z

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #5  
Going for that extra foot will get ya every time :laughing: Glad you could help your neighbor.

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #6  
a lesson for every1 make sure you keep your tractor on solid ground.an do not get on real bad sloping ground.

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #7  
Going for that extra foot will get ya every time :laughing: Glad you could help your neighbor.

Isn't that the truth. In every story like this the plot hinges around that last foot of overreach. I think we have all been there and done similar.
Lucky you were there to help.

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #8  
Yep glad you saved the old Ford from a watery grave. Looks like the operator wanted that last little bit. We all have done it. Good thing you were nearby.

James K0UA

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle
My dad knows the area pretty well and said any other year, meaning with plenty of rain, he wouldn't have made it as far as he did. Its nothing but mud underneath the sod. We always called it blue clay due to the color.

P.S. Don't tell anyone but this "friend" is also my DEALER!! :laughing:

/ Kubota M9540 saves Ford tricycle #10  
nice.

5200?