Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!!

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #21  
You need to borrow our International Model 34 roller crimper. It makes those stemmy plants palatabile.

Funny you should say that, the dairy farmer I go to does have some sort of roller/crimper, it is white and black. I will check the brand. Saw it yesterday for the first time, he may have borrowed or rented it.

It's really OK the hay for now. The horses in stalls are out all day and get some at night and the fellas outside really only eat it in the heat of the day or when it rains and they're under the shed.

There was nothing that could be done by the time anyone could cut it was in the field for an extra month.

On another note if I want to hook up the hay wagon to my truck do I need a special hookup or can I just remove the ball and throw the pin through the hole. It is 1 1/4" diameter , will the slop cause the pin to mangle the threads? I only live 1 mile from the farmer and it is much easier to borrow the wagon than to unload 60+ bales onto and off the truck.

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #22  
Do you have a reciever hitch? Is your ball not held on with a nut,instead of being threaded into the hitch itself? If it is threaded directly into the hitch,then you might destroy the threads using a pin. But if it is a reviever hitch,just pick up another reciever that is not threaded. Never seen a threaded reciever myself,but then I always buy Draw-Tite hitches.

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #23  
I shouldn't have written it that way. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif What I should ask is the slop going to ream out the hole. Don't know what the size of those hay wagon pins are but the road is kinda bumpy and if it's a great diff. in size I would imagine either the pin or the slide is going to get eaten up? I could ust go get another slide meant for a smaller shafted ball, say 1' or 3/4"

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #24  
For the little bit that you are going to do you won't ream out the hole enough to matter.

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #25  
I'd buy another insert for your receiver. $20 a walmart, saves you from having to unscrew the ball every time.

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #26  
I'd not worry about it myself as long as it is a good quality hitch. I've pulled round balers,mower conditioners,and loaded round bale wagons with mine over the years sometimes 500 miles+ with the equipment,and never noticed any enlargement of the hole in 7 years of use. Hazmat does have a good idea though........

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #27  
Yeah, $20 is worth it not to have to mokey with the ball. I need to go get a slide to accomodate pintle hook setup anyway so when I go to the trailer shop I can get both.

/ Best Hay Year on record!!!!!!!!! #28  
Well we are 9" above normal down here too, but the first cut was wasted as we didn't have 2 days between rains. Looks like this cutting will have a good chance, we've not had any rain for the last week.