A tractor trivia question...

/ A tractor trivia question... #1  

Secret Squirrel

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510
The recent death of Larry Hagman (a.k.a., J.R. Ewing of "Dallas" fame) led me to think about the series and, in particular, the show's trademark opening sequence. The opening sequence for Dallas changed a bit over the years, but for the first 6 or 7 seasons, there was a tractor in it working a field and the tractor driver giving a quick wave as the camera (presumably helicopter mounted) went by.

My trivia question for today: What brand and model was that tractor and (for this non-farmer) exactly what was it doing? :)

Extra points if you can name the driver! :laughing:

Rusty

Attachments

• Dallas Opening Tractor.jpg
    Dallas Opening Tractor.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 243
   / A tractor trivia question... #3  
International 806 Cab...?

I'll take a wild guess and say either Larry Hagman or Patrick Duffy ?

Pushing a front mount cultivator...

Might be a Farmall tractor ?

/ A tractor trivia question... #4  
Biggreenavalanche said:
International 806 Cab...?

I think you are correct.

/ A tractor trivia question... #6  
:)

But who was the driver ? I just did a SWAG on that one...(SWAG = scientific wild a**ed guess)

/ A tractor trivia question...
:)

But who was the driver ? I just did a SWAG on that one...(SWAG = scientific wild a**ed guess)

Must have been Steve Kanaly playing Ray Krebs... steve-kanaly-2-sized.jpg :D

Actually, I don't think we will ever know... unless it turns out he is a member here! :laughing:

Rusty

/ A tractor trivia question... #9  
The tractor in the opening of the Dallas program does not have a cultivator on it . It has a front mounted middle buster to lay off rows. As the you tube video is running one can see the row markers on the unit. A front mounted cultivator does not have these markers. It is an IH tractor, however I do not know the drivers name. The opening of the show was the only part that I ever watched.

/ A tractor trivia question... #10  
I stand corrected ! At least I got the tractor right ! :laughing: