Default The Control Station

-p8120053-jpg-p8120056-jpg-p8120057-jpg

How many of you fellows would like to spend 12 or so hours a day Sitting and standing on these tractors on a blustery cold day come planting time?
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Default Re: The Control Station

I would be happy to do so if the alternative was to walk behind a team of mules/horses.

Steve

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF

Quote Originally Posted by smstonypoint View Post
    I would be happy to do so if the alternative was to walk behind a team of mules/horses.

Steve
    I agree. Sitting on my steel seat on the Case makes my butt sore after about 3hours.

I would love to drive them but the thrill will sure be gone by the end of a 12hour day. The center one (oliver/hart-parr) looks to be the comfiest to operate.

Tractor
    Many

It would depend on the pay...better than a shovel !

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

That's why so many young people left as soon as they could..! That, and well... the pay was less than you'd make workin' a garbage truck in town.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

If you have ever operated one of those old timers then you know the pain of bottoming out one of those as you are lifted up off the steel seat and the slammed back down...can you say butt ache...there was just no shock absorbing on those old machines...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Back than if you were lucky enough to own one it was cats meow,compare walking on rough ground triping over dirt balls rock oxen's,horses,mules leading the way on warm/hot smelly day.

You blokes are getting soft with all these padded seats and A/C cabs............ gotta admit I don't mind them either though

Jon

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510 and Mahindra 5500 4WD

Read somewhere that Henry Ford got the biggest man in his tractor factory and used his posterior as a mold for the pan tractor seat on the Fords!!
    My first tractor was a International A with a pan seat. Bought a round cushion at local Co-op for it and thought I had went to heaven!
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I drove an old Farmall 650 similar to those pictured,( this was when 806 Farmall's were new) it was around 65-70HP and had no trouble pulling a 14 foot heavy breaking disk. It had an air starter but was hydraulic over nitrogen air starter that you had to pump up the hydraulic oil to pressurize the nitrogen tank then hit the starter. If it didn't start, had to pump again for about 5 minutes. It wasn't too bad as far as comfort with a spring loaded seat with a shock absorber in the middle but my back was a lot stronger then. Other than no back rest, you just bounced along like Eddie Albert of Green Acres. It did not have power steering if IIRC and was still a bear to turn around as it took both hands plus it had a hand operated clutch so you had to have lots of room and coordination to run it without running over something or someone.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.