Which tractors are which? Who made who?

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
I was wondering which nationalities are each tractor from? Which are imported and which are made here in the US? There are so many brands! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think it is safe to say that John Deere, Case, and Cub Cadet could be made here in the US. But what about these other brands:

New Holland - Europe somewhere?
Kubota - Japan?
Kioti - South Korea?
Mahindra - Japan?
LongAgribusiness - India?
Century - ???; Is there a website?
Branson - ???; Is there a website?
Scorpion/Millenium - ???; Is there a website?

Oh, and I might as well kill two birds with one stone. I have heard something about a Jeep tractor. I remember seeing something about them in the Auto & RV magazine a while back that I get every week. Does anyone have any info about this and where it may be manufactured or imported from or possibly a website? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh, and if I forgot some brands by all means mention them! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think it is safe to say that John Deere, Case, and Cub Cadet could be made here in the US. )</font>

Try again, Deere could be from Japan, Korea, Germany France or who knows, Case Japan for compacts and Japan and Korea for Cub compacts.

Century: Korea
Kioti: Korea
Mahindra: India and Korea for compacts
Long: Korea, Eastern Europe and India
Branson: Korea
Scropion/Millenium: Korea
Chipperman

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #3  
Well Jay C,

You've opened up a pretty big can of worms with your question. Some people do not like knowing the truth about where their US based brand's tractor really comes from!!

As for the Jeep,after the war Jeep offered many options on the CJs of that time. They were even tested at Nebraska with ptos and 3ph among other things. Check eBay for brochures.

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who?
Well, with the Jeep tractor this wasn't about the ones offered after the war. I wish I still had that Auto & RV magazine. They had a small black and white picture showing modern looking tractors with a Jeep Wrangler behind them. And the text brought up the new Jeep tractors. I can't remember to well but they kinda reminded me of the Scorpion tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #5  
Might be something out of India. I read an article about how they still make real Jeeps there. I don't think they are Jeep brand, just a copy built under license like Mahindra is a copy of an old IH.

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #7  
It's said no tractor under 100 hp is 'made' in the USA, but many can be assembled from parts of various countries.

New Holland has small tractors from Japan, medium tractors have a lot of parts from UK. Since Case & NH are combined now under European ownership, look for Europe parts to continue.

--->Paul

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #8  
I believe Deere's 5105 and 5205 (40 & 45 PTO HP) are made in Georgia.

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #9  
Well assembled in GA from parts both foreign and domestic.
There are still about 4 of Deere's larger models that are made in the USA... for now...

/ Which tractors are which? Who made who? #10  
I don't know about you, but I am sick of foreign-made stuff. Did you know even ERTYL toys are Chinese now? So much for Des Moines!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif