vermeer m6040

/ vermeer m6040 #1  

dan28040

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 665
just bought a new Vermeer 6040. does anyone else have on of these disc mowers and what do you think of it? any problems?

/ vermeer m6040 #2  
We have a TM700, so it is somewhat different but I believe most of the cutter bar is the same. This is the best disc mower we have ever had, the others were a Viccon and a Bushhog brand, not that either of those were that bad.

The quick change blades are great! Two things I have learned about the blade set up...

1) Eventually the blades wear the pens so that the blades will have enough play to rub the top of the cutter bar. They aren't very expensive to replace. But they do last a long time so you won't have to worry about that for a while.

2) When you change the blades the retainer clip might be bent slightly upward from removing it, if you put it on the same way you took it off it might not lock into place fully. They can come off and you'll loose the blade, pen and clip. I always turn the clips over, with the bend down, when changing blades

Hope this helps some and hope you enjoy your new mower!

/ vermeer m6040
Thanks for the info, will remember to turn the clips over, thanks again

/ vermeer m6040 #4  
You got it!

Also it doesn't hurt to go ahead and buy a few clips and pens to keep in the tool box.