Got a carb

/ Got a carb #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I received my new used carb last nite. I cleaned the old gasket off, put in mounting studs, and generally poked around with it a bit. It is definitely different than the one that came off. It is pretty much the same, but a couple of plugs are simply not there on the float bowl; no hole, no plug. The manifold mounting holes are properly spaced. Interestingly, the gas line goes in on the outside of the tractor; the old carb had the gas line coming into the carb on the engine side. The old carb had two additional inlet ports though, one in back and one on the outside; they were the plugged ones, which are not on the "new" carb.

I'm tied up with classes till the weekend, so I won't be able to install and try to start her before Saturday. Maybe this old Farmall A will run then /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

FYI, I got the carb from Blaze Basich, in NJ. He advertises on YTmag all the time. Seemed nice to work with.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Got a carb #2  
Robert,
Glad to read you got your carb. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

What was the name brand of the carb?

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Got a carb
Thomas,
It's a Zenith. As I mentioned above, it is VERY similar to the "incorrect" carb. I'm guessing it's like a Holley. They used a 600cfm 4bbl on soooooo many cars. Each brand had to have one just a tiny bit different though, so there were many minor variations on the sam basic carb. I think this is a similar case.

I'll see how it works this weekend! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Got a carb #4  
its nice when things work out; does the carb you took off have any numbers on it?? it would be interesting to find out what it is "suppose" to go on..
heehaw

/ Got a carb
Yes it does have numbers. I will have to get them from home. I posted them to YTmag, but had no repiles.

I am curious myself. One person from YTmag did think it was from a Allis B or C

/ Got a carb
Hi Heehaw,

This is what is on the "misfit" carb. The carb is a Zenith. It has "B2" stamped on the bottom. On the top is a tag that reads "10850A".

I tried asking around on the YTmag Farmall, Allis Chalmers, JD, MM forums, but noone responded.

I do wonder where it came from, but do not know where else to look.