Partnership bulldozer. Good or bad idea????

/ Partnership bulldozer. Good or bad idea???? #51  
It all depends...

I'm sure all of us can relate loaning something out only to have it broken.

My PJ trailer and my Horse Tiller are the two most recent.

Trailer was going down the road without the pin to secure the tongue jack and it did a number on the jack and frame crossmember.

Troy Tiller came back with the Carb broken clean off the mounting bolts... apparantly, it was not secured and "Tumbled" in the bed of the truck... I own it with my brother and he let his brother-in-law use it and that is how I got it back.

As a rule... I just won't borrow anything...

So far my splitter partners have been doing OK... two are retired and very good when it comes to proper use and maintenance... we have had it for 7 years and it would not make sense for me to own it outright with so little use.

/ Partnership bulldozer. Good or bad idea???? #52  
I have had both good and bad experiences with partnerships.
Generally you can predict the outcome if you have known the people for any length of time.
Some folks I would lend any and everything I own while others would get NADA.
Some will return almost before they finish with great apologies for being late while others keep thing so long that I think they hope you will forget.

The worst kind is the one that expects you to come and get your possession when you need it only to find that he broke it.

Generally I give everyone a first chance just to categorize them . Sadly the list of 'never again' is longer that of OK's.