Vicon round baler ?

/ Vicon round baler ?
Well, thanks to everyone for your info! as usual TBN is a great way to get info. I went and looked at the baler again and it is a RP 1210 with a manual tie, 2 hyd. lines & 1 rope. Nothin fancy but just what I am looking for. Now I just have to see if they take my offer. It needs 3 belts replaced but my dealer says he can get the pts. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Tx again Mike

/ Vicon round baler ? #13  
hey Mike,

Never heard anything bad about the balers. They were a good econo type. The Massey 800 series balers were Greenland(who then owned Vicon). Check with a Massey dealer for parts cross over.

/ Vicon round baler ? #14  
Re: Vicon round bailer ?

Doc,
You have some very good things to say and as an operator I think you are a good one, but as for the knowing about the HP needed for a Rebel 5400 you just are lacking. The facts are ther are hundreds of the Rebel 5400 balers running in the hills of East Tennessee baling with 35-50 HP tractors. You may price a JD 4x4 baler, without haysaver wheels, close to price of a Vermeer 5x4 baler but the JD is a 1000 Lbs less a baler and will only bale a 750 LBS bale. The Vermeer 5400 Rebel baler priced at $11,500 has a CV-PTO with clutch, Hay saver wheels, bale counter, rubber mounted teeth, hydraulic belt tension, & electric twine tie.

/ Vicon round baler ? #15  

Thanks for the compliment CCI. I agree I don't know alot about the rebel. But I do know about JD. Can you explain how the rebel can be 1000 lbs. heavier, bale a heavier bale, and do it for 10-15 hp less? Can you honestly tell me you can take a 40 hp tractor and bale at 5mph up hills and not heat up the tractor and make a true 5x4 bale? I also really don't understand how it can be safe to haul that much weight with a little tractor.

/ Vicon round baler ? #16  

Doc,
Hesston & New Idea just released a 3'x4' baler that can be pulled with 25 HP. This is a vertical chamber baler. Likely it will work with the larger compacts like a Kubota 3130 and so on. This is a niche market and they will produced only for orders and it will be unlikely you will see dealers speculate and stock them. Target sales price is $7,000-8,000.

/ Vicon round baler ? #17  
hi i have a rf 122 and am looking for a monitor if some one knows of one for sale please let me no thanks jake

/ Vicon round baler ? #18  
Some of the older models used a signal lever that would raise up from the chamber when the roll was full. Otherwise you would feel the strain on the tractor. On a soft core baler the last or outer 6 inches is very tight and requires a lot of power to roll well. It is probably a welger design baler and will make a great roll of hay.
you can make your own monitor using a brake pedal switch and a buzzer or indicator light in the tractor just like a vehicle brake light switch.
I would buy it if it were local

/ Vicon round baler ? #19  
Doc, Hesston & New Idea just released a 3'x4' baler that can be pulled with 25 HP. This is a vertical chamber baler. Likely it will work with the larger compacts like a Kubota 3130 and so on. This is a niche market and they will produced only for orders and it will be unlikely you will see dealers speculate and stock them. Target sales price is $7,000-8,000.

Sounds like Case IH New idea Hesston model that's been around a while they recommended 35 hp but you could order it with optional kit to be used with. 25 hp. The price you quote is much cheaper Very dependable if you took your time with it. Too many rpms tended to pull out belt ends

/ Vicon round baler ? #20  

Any body out there have a idler pulley for vicon RP 1210 .The parts book says #80 Sproket