orchard sprayer.

/ orchard sprayer.
So whats the main difference between engine driven and pto?

/ orchard sprayer. #13  
So whats the main difference between engine driven and pto?

You don't have to have a tractor . I would rather have a pto one so ya have one less engine to maintain .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ orchard sprayer.
Ok. Just thought it had more power. Or could spray higher.

/ orchard sprayer. #15  
I might be able to help.
Got a couple and this whole region is heavy in Orchards with several brands and dealers that carry Orchard equipment.

Saw that you are spraying 70A.
Forget the engine driven stuff unless you are limited by tractor HP.
They are not especially robust, and can be a royal PITA, especially with the caustic stuff that gets sprayed in orchards.
They are rare around here nowdays, and usually it's hobby farmers trying to get a little use out of somebodys junk from the 70's when they are seen.
If you only have a 30hp tractor, or are limited to a small tractor for some reason, the engine driven jobs make sense. Otherwise they are a headache.

The PTO is the way to go. Either 3pt or trailer. 70A would be a LOT easier and less time consuming with a 2-300gal trailer, instead of fighting to get good coverage with ULV applications and a 100gal 3pt, or reloading a dozen times per application.

Height is determined by Boom height and angle. Jacto and Berthoud both offer boom heights that will work for anything grown.
Retrofit boom kits allow lots of flexibility with hydro controls used to adjust elevation and direction.
Even the smaller Cannon sprayers will provide good coverage to 60-80'.

Used?
Yep.
If you want a bird dog up here I can keep an eye open. Used sprayers are pretty easy to find, GOOD used sprayers are tougher to find.
The good news is the Cannon sprayers are pretty simple to maintain and repair, as well as rehab.

Take a look at Jacto and thier lineup. Jacto: J1000CHT Cannon Sprayer – Trailer Mount
They are international and do a good job of supporting customers through the dealer network. I'd venture that 9 out of 10 in the field here are Jacto, thanks to cost, ease of maint. and durability.

Airtec is another that is common around here, but rarely come up used unless they are plumb clapped out.
Airtec Sprayers Product Line

Berthoud is another that is sold locally, but they used a piston pump for years and got a bad reputation for the pumps going bad, so they aren't as popular at all.

BERTHOUD

The local Jacto dealer gets used units in on trade frequently, and they make any repairs that are needed before selling.
There were at least 3 on the lot last week.
Holler if ya need.

373483d1399104322-orchard-sprayer-spring13020-jpg

Attachments

• spring13020.jpg
    spring13020.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 287
   / orchard sprayer.
Dingeryote can you bee like my new best friend. Lol. Thanks for the helpful post. I was about to pull the trigger on an engine driven one, but was outbid. If you see one can you let me know. Im originally from chicago ,but now live in mexico.Please let me know if you see something good my brother just bought a knight manure slinger. Somewhere in michigan and is being shipped out in the next couple of weeks. Would be great if we find a sprayer as well. Would save a ton on shipping cost.looking for a airblast type sice or trees are really high 30+ft. We are trimming them down but its going to take a while.

/ orchard sprayer. #17  
I gotta run to the Orchard supply shop in the morning to pick up TeeJet tips. I'll look and ask if anyone is looking to trade in or sell when they get a new sprayer.

They had an older Jacto 400 3pt. and a couple others I didn't pay attention to last time.
The 400's are the base for all the upgrade models, and can be adapted with Hydraulic control kits and Mast extension kits to raise things up.

Do you have enough tractor for a trailer unit, or do ya want to stay with the 3pt. models?

/ orchard sprayer. #18  
Double tap..oops.

/ orchard sprayer.
really looking for a trailer unit have a tn75. a 3pt unit would take me for ever. i currently spray with a 1500lts tank, and two spray guns. but its a hassle to find good workers for the job and its very time consuming.

/ orchard sprayer. #20  
92b,

Heads up on a PM...

Heading to take a look at a couple Berthouds and will get back to you here.