Bale Bandit

/ Bale Bandit #31  
Scott,
My thoughts exactly---the best of both worlds.
I still can't get the PDF file on the Multibale Big Pack--can get all others--but not on MultiBale.

I guess I should qualify my statement about big square balers being expensive---it's all relative--if you have large volumes of hay to produce, initial price is not the principal factor.It all boils down to cost per bale (or ton) produced over a period of time.
The cheapest equipment, is not necessarily the least expensive. This is especially true ,when calculating costs in large operations.
I have told many prospective customers that are considering getting into the hay baling business, that the least expensive piece of machinery used in baling hay is a tractor.I have received many expressions that indicated that they thought I was crazy. But when you figure the costs per bale (or ton),allocated to each piece of equipment used, the tractors come out the lowest,simply because a properly maintained tractor will outlast (and be worth more when sold or traded )than the other equipment.

dancce

Attachments

• 363553-IMG_0644.JPG (4).JPG
    363553-IMG_0644.JPG (4).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 352
   / Bale Bandit #32  
Makes sense. Just as you said, it has more resale value. Besides, it gets used for every step of the process assuming only one tractor. I dunno any hay farmer that only has one tractor but the principal is the same.