Best sqaure balers?

/ Best sqaure balers? #11  
Would you be looking to sell that old IH after buying the new one? A run down to Kentucky from Illinois isn't that far for me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Might be perfect for my 10 acres of hay. (all I need then is a mower and tedder... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Dave

/ Best sqaure balers?
Would let someone have it for what I gave ($350) if I can find a good deal on a New Holland. I'm gonna be looking so I'll keep you in mind when I can find one. I gave away an old Ford baler last summer. Decent balers are out there pretty cheap. My IH needs quite a few pickup teeth, but will bale all day long and not miss a beat you just gotta go slow and not tighten up the tension too much.

/ Best sqaure balers? #15  
Thats pretty neat. I can't recall ever seeing an inline baler. Do you know how its priced? Is this a recent design from MF or has it been out for a while? jimg

/ Best sqaure balers? #16  
It is a variation of the Hesston in line baler that has been out for over 25 years. AGCO owns Hesston and MF and wanted to offer the MF Compact and Utility tractor buyer a line of smaller hay tools in their MF colors.

The design makes roading a breeze and produces the squarest (sharp corners and good stackers) square bales I've ever seen.

/ Best sqaure balers? #17  
Ive never seen a Hesston baler...Im not sure theyre even sold around here (NH). So, this baler can be run off a larger CUT. Thats interesting! Past posts are mostly in the balers and CUT do'nt mix category. Do you have any idea what these cost?

/ Best sqaure balers? #18  
I wouldn't get too excited about running this on a CUT. The specs are pretty much the same. It requires a minimum of 35 pto hp and the weight is a little more than the NH and JD baler. I'd be surprised if Massey recommended running this on a compact tractor.

/ Best sqaure balers? #19  
As long as the unit has the minimum required PTO horsepower and sufficient weight to hold the baler on hills, then large chasis compacts, such as the MF 1455, would work nicely. However, utility chasis tractors would probably be better suited to the hay making process, including the baling.

/ Best sqaure balers? #20  
The hesston balers are built like the big square balers and they are inline and they were also sold thru Case-IH for a number of years. That gives the ability to do work on hills and lower the chances of jack kniving the outfit. Most all baler manufacturers have small balers that are rated for 35 pto horsepower. The balers themselves are all about the same as far as parts for the knotters today they are the old Deering style so anyone that knows how to fix a knotter can do any of them. The difference of hay balers today is small until you get to some of the larger ones. The larger New Holland style with the proper size tractor on with the kicker is the fastest in the industry at this point. The Hesston style unit doesn't have quite the capacity when you get to the larger model and the Deere on the larger ones can't get it out of the kicker fast enough. There are not many of the smaller balers out there but you should be able to find something in your area that is the small size.