Bale Handling

/ Bale Handling #31  
Old Hickory:

The 5030 has a dry filter on the back of the cab. I shake it out every evening. Once a week, I blow it out with an air hose.

/ Bale Handling #32  
5030:
I'm commenting from years past when hay was made for use on your own property. Selling hay was not really common.
Labour wise them little square bales are still a pain where it hurts.

For transporting and selling to small volume buyers I'm at a loss at why commpresed pellatized hay is not utillized.

Egon

/ Bale Handling #33  
Go with round bales and use a Vermeer BM 700 that is the only way to move bales. Side note works good on hills as well, and you don't even have to stop to load oce you get a little practice

/ Bale Handling #34  
Here's another interesting bale handling technique. It's a bit different because the accumulator can be operated with an ATV, Truck, or tractor. I've sent off for the video.

HayMaster.biz

/ Bale Handling #35  
Unique accumulator,and it appears to be well built,but I wonder how well this type works on uneven and rough ground. Seems like the bales would take a beating being dragged across some of the fields we have in this neck of the woods. There are some Hoelsher units around here, but they keep the bales off the ground until accumulated and released. Anyone used these drag type accumulators?

dancce

/ Bale Handling #37  
If you go to the web site, & look at the 'pictures' you will see at the bottom someone loading up a hayrack. Where did he get that hayrack? Looks like he's putting 360 bales (or more, hard to count the # of rows) on that thing. Wow, he's aproaching 30,000 lbs on a hayrack. Wish I could see the front end, it would have to be double steer axles???? Takes some traction on the pickup to pull that out of a field!

--->PAul