Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Used the search feature and came up empty handed..

I need some input on a large (at least 8 foot dig depth) 3 point backhoe for either my M9000 0r 105 Kubotas. Both have full cabs and both are Cat 2.

Looked at the Wood Maxx line and they look pretty good but I need some first hand knowledge and/or experience with any brand of large 3 point hoe's. No point in getting a little one, my tractors are both full size.

Planning on some water line trenching and smaller stump removals as well as footer work. I prefer self contained (pump and hydraulic tank) though I have plenty of tractor capacity 21gpm hydraulic flow.

Again, not particular about brand, just want something thats sturdy and basically troublefree.

Thanks..

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #2  

I need some input on a large (at least 8 foot dig depth) 3 point backhoe for either my M9000 0r 105 Kubotas. Both have full cabs and both are Cat 2.

Looked at the Wood Maxx line and they look pretty good but I need some first hand knowledge and/or experience with any brand of large 3 point hoe's. No point in getting a little one, my tractors are both full size.

Planning on some water line trenching and smaller stump removals as well as footer work. I prefer self contained (pump and hydraulic tank) though I have plenty of tractor capacity 21gpm hydraulic flow.

Again, not particular about brand, just want something thats sturdy and basically troublefree.

Thanks..

I don't think you can find anything better than a Bradco. Bradco builds the larger Mahindra backhoes, and they have been bullet proof. As for the Wood Max, I have sold a few of them and I don't think that you can get a better value for the money, but it isn't as much backhoe as the Bradco.

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #3  

Thanks..

I own a WM 7600 backhoe from WoodMaxx and I love it. I bought it back in Dec. 2014 and have about 25hr on it, it is a much better machine than I thought I could buy for the money. I also own a WM 8H chipper and a tiller from WoodMaxx. With my backhoe I got the 24", 12", and 9" buckets and also got the ripper. and I can tell you it handles them all well. I see they are still giving the free Hydraulic thumb upgrade, my unit has the hydraulic thumb as well. I have removed stumps, trenched 300ft of wire in, and pulled saplings as well as started digging some duck ponds. It has preformed better than I ever expected it would. On a tractor of your size I would go with the WM 8600.

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe
I appreciate the comments. I looked at a Bradco at my dealer that was used (no pump and no subframe). I would have to buy a subframe from Bradco and I'm hearing pro and con on a straight 3 point mount versus a subframe mount. My tractors are both very substantial in the backend castings (CAT II) with full draft control.

I take it I can run a 3 point mount over a sub frame mount. My issue is the sub frame mount compromises my ground clearance and attachment capability. I use both tractors with rakes, square bailers, round bailers, mowers and tedders so many 3 point and PTO driven implements.

This would be ocassional use only, Nothing to rigorous or demanding. Just don't want to break anyhting out back on 45 grand tractors.

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #5  
I appreciate the comments. I looked at a Bradco at my dealer that was used (no pump and no subframe). I would have to buy a subframe from Bradco and I'm hearing pro and con on a straight 3 point mount versus a subframe mount. My tractors are both very substantial in the backend castings (CAT II) with full draft control.

I take it I can run a 3 point mount over a sub frame mount. My issue is the sub frame mount compromises my ground clearance and attachment capability. I use both tractors with rakes, square bailers, round bailers, mowers and tedders so many 3 point and PTO driven implements.

This would be ocassional use only, Nothing to rigorous or demanding. Just don't want to break anyhting out back on 45 grand tractors.

My neighbor is selling her JD410B TLB. Great condition! Less than 4K hours. She's also got a cherry JD350 crawler for sale, too.

She needed an idea on what they're worth. I figure her 410B is probably worth $9,000-9,500.

I'd bet a six pack her 410 is less money than you'd pay for a new, sub-frame Wood Maxx backhoe! Had a look on tractorhouse and there's a bunch of low-hour 2WD hoes on there.

Why muck up your good hay tractors with some hoe hardware that might just put those 'Bota's in the dealer's repair shop?

AKfish

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #6  
I take it I can run a 3 point mount over a sub frame mount.

Yes, you can, since you have CAT2 3-point.

One of my 10 Prairie Dogs was mounted to a Case 480LL 3PT, which is about 7K pounds.
You must use the fixed strengthened toplink to keep the TPH from floating up, and
I would limit pressure to whatever the hoe maker specifies. Some go to 3K psi, if
made for skidsteers. Bradcos are very stout. I do not know what pressures your
tractors put out.

Why do you want a separate PTO pump/reservoir?

/ Wood Maxx 8 foot backhoe #7  
Just for what it's worth. Bradco built the backhoe for my Kubota wheel loader. A good and heavy built unit!

I searched for years for a backhoe for our 6200 JD. Modest HP but a large frame tractor. I was warned by the dealer about a case of someone ripping the 3rd point off such a tractor with a hoe! I kind of gave up on the 3ph hoe idea after that.

I guess since I got the used Kubota wheel loader with the hoe (paid 17K CDN), I have used it a lot for projects and still don't feel that I use it as much as I thought, day to day. But for the time I have used it, I realize how often you have to move the machine when digging and on the R510 you can do that without moving the seat to the forward position. I cannot possibly imagine using a backhoe where you have to disembark in order to move the machine. Reach in a backhoe is everything (I think), digging depth, not so much and this determines how often you have to move. I can totally appreciate the benefits of extendahoe, and would give my eye teeth for that feature.

Yes, you can, since you have CAT2 3-point.

One of my 10 Prairie Dogs was mounted to a Case 480LL 3PT, which is about 7K pounds.
You must use the fixed strengthened toplink to keep the TPH from floating up, and
I would limit pressure to whatever the hoe maker specifies. Some go to 3K psi, if
made for skidsteers. Bradcos are very stout. I do not know what pressures your
tractors put out.

Why do you want a separate PTO pump/reservoir?

I don't need it as an absolute I would prefer it from the hookup standpoint and I don't have to run the tractor but at 1/2 rated speed, I have a 540/1000 pto. I use a 21-6 stub adapter.

My neighbor is selling her JD410B TLB. Great condition! Less than 4K hours. She's also got a cherry JD350 crawler for sale, too.

She needed an idea on what they're worth. I figure her 410B is probably worth $9,000-9,500.

I'd bet a six pack her 410 is less money than you'd pay for a new, sub-frame Wood Maxx backhoe! Had a look on tractorhouse and there's a bunch of low-hour 2WD hoes on there.

Why muck up your good hay tractors with some hoe hardware that might just put those 'Bota's in the dealer's repair shop?

AKfish

A acquaitance of mine did just that and I ended up rebusning the hoe which, wasn't cheap. The pin bushings weren't bad but it was a Case Extenda Hoe and the extenda slides had to be replaced and that was a nightmare. Ususally, used equipment at an auction has been in a state of non-maintenance for a while previous to sale so you get someone else's problems and no warranty.

His case also had engine issues and that was an added expense. I don't mind buying used but it has to be a simple piece of equipment, not complex.