Identify antique wagon

/ Identify antique wagon #1  

megotatractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I have what's left of an antique steel-wheeled farm wagon. Basically just the wheels and axles are all that's left but most of the important front swivel parts are there, very little wood remains. I had painted the wheels and put them out for lawn decor but had the funny idea of making a useable wagon of it. While it seemed like a fun project at first I quickly realized that while many of the bolts still came loose it would be so much easier if I'd had a torch to cut them. During my "reverse engineering" - or trying to figure out how it was built while most of the wood is gone- I soon realized another problem; the front horse shoe shaped stabilizer is badly bent from misuse/abuse and partly rusted through. The part of course is critical if the wagon were to ever be anything other than a static display. I have not yet given up - there is another rubber tire wagon of similar construction rotting in the woods which may still have some useable parts, but most likely I will end up just pulling the wheels back off and scrapping the axles.
Anyway, wonder if anyone out there might have a clue as to the origin of this wagon. There are few stampings on the steel parts other than "BB" on the wheel hubs. The axles appear to have once been painted orange. and it is geographically was used/abused in south eastern Minnesota if that helps.

NOTE; YES I KNOW THE FRONT CARRIAGE IS UPSIDE DOWN.
wagon.jpgwagon2.jpgwagon3.jpg