Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T

/ Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T #1  

justinramani

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
Good Morning,

I originally listed this question in a different forum because I thought it was military surplus. After additional research - it looks like this might be a civilian counterpart that was used for Ag/Industrial applications. I believe the "T" represents that it is a Turbo, but the turbo is not present.

So the million dollar questions - what can this motor be used for????

Hercules Diesel Engine
D-3400T

pics2.jpgpics3.jpgpics4.jpgPics.jpg

/ Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T
Someone on another forum thought that they may have been used in Oliver tractors.

/ Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T #3  
Well it is a long block with no accessories. No surprise it doesn't have a turbo as there are no manifolds present to bolt a turbo to. That doesn't mean the pistons, head, etc. aren't set up for a turbo application. Turbocharged engines typically have a lower compression ratio than naturally aspirated engines. You should go over to YT or New Ag Talk to ask about this. You may have to register, than wait till you can start a thread on either forum.

Oliver, Cletrac, Co-op & Cockshutt Tractors Discussion Board (Page 1)

Viewing a forum - Machinery Talk

/ Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T
I suppose the fact that it doesnt have any of the accessories is going to make it exceedingly difficult to sell.

/ Does Anyone Have Info on This Diesel Engine?? D-3400T #6  
Hercules engines were used in M35 2 1/2 ton trucks (two different turbo options) as well as some of the older Mil Std generators.