Diesel Air Compressor

/ Diesel Air Compressor #1  

Case3220

Tractor
Case International
Hello!! I know this isn't the right forum to post this but I'm in need of some help. My father has a Compair Holman 73 diesel compressor with a four cylinder diesel Deutz engine. A few days ago it burnt a head gasket. It was leaking so bad that we had to put in 3/4 liters of oil per day. As so we decided to buy the gasket and change it ourselves. The head itself went to a shop to check if it had any kind of problem. We assembled it back, set the bolts to the right torque and started it. Everything was perfect. Changed the oil and it was ready to work. After this intervention the compressor worked around 200 hours perfectly. Then it started stopping on itself. It starts failing like it would be running out of diesel and slowly decreases the rpm until a full stop. I've already changed the oil again, adjusted the valves, changed the fuel shut off solenoid, temperature sensor, oil pressure sensor, diesel filters, lift pump, bled the system and nothing seems to work. I'm now guessing that it could be the oil radiator clogged up and when the oil pressure goes up it shuts off. I'm not sure of this. It only works for about 5 minutes when cold and about 2/3 when hot. I think the engine model is a Deutz BF4M 1011F. One more thing: the gasket notches only need to be changed if you take some metal from the head itself right?

Sorry if the post is in the wrong place.

THANKS!

Last edited:
   / Diesel Air Compressor #2  
Does it start back up with no problems, might be a bad vent on the fuel tank?