Seat belts

/ Seat belts #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
Do you wear them on your tractor? I had a Ford 8N for over 20 years. I flipped it twice doing nutty things in my younger days. Like flying around the house with a bucket of mud (slanted backyard). I'm sure that I would have been pretty hurt if I was wearing a belt. Both ties I launched myself from the seat of the old Ford. My farmer neighbor told me how to do it.

/ Seat belts #2  
Actually, a seat belt will do you more harm than good if you don't have a ROPS. But if you do have a ROPS, I think you're very foolish if you aren't wearing your seat belt all of the time. It doesn't take much effort to put it on, and it could save your life.

If you don't have a ROPS, however, it could cause you to be hurt bad, or even killed.

/ Seat belts #3  
Rich is right. If you do not have a rops then don't wear one. But if you do have a rops and you brag about not wearing one then you better hang out in the safety fourm.

My two main tractors have rops and I wear the seatbelt whenever I am doing anything near a slope or just driving on the road. If I use one of my vintage tractors that don't have a rops then I don't use a seat belt (because they don't have them for that reason). You have been lucky by jumping but with your history I would look at adding a rops to your old Ford and buckling up as your luck will run out eventually.