tiltmeters

/ tiltmeters #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Mark, was reading one of your old posts and it reminded me I was going to buy a tiltmeter. Went to the site but was again unsure of the most useful range to buy. One was o to 25 deg and the other was 0 to 45 deg. Now the 0-25 deg will be more "sensitive" and since I don't think I want to be on a slope greater than 25deg do I really need to know how far over dangerous I am? (I assume 25 deg is the max for safe operation or is even that a little too much?) Thoughts por favor from anyone who's bought one.

/ tiltmeters #2  
Gerard, I'm not Mark, but anyway . . ../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Mark and hillybill told me which one they bought (and someone else had the same thing and had recommended it to Mark), so I did, too. We have the 7489C, which is big enough to be easy to see, etc. But you're right, at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't intend to ever get over 20 degrees and hope to never get that far. Anything over 15 degrees scares the heck out of me.

Bird

/ tiltmeters #3  
Bird - Everybody knows you're not me. You don't need to rub it in. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Gerard - Bird's already given you the skinny. I really like the one he mentioned that we have. You may have noticed that they have a version of it that beeps when you get to a certain point. I'm going to get that one and move my regular one to the side so I'll have an indication of front to back slope.

At any rate, I think they're indispensable.

Mark

/ tiltmeters
thanx both for the info. Bird, even though your not Mark feel free to step up to the plate anytime! Any opinions from someone with more experieince than me is welcome! BTW, I checked my tires (not to go TOO far off topic!) and the #'s are as follows: Front 7-16 4PR, rear 11.2-24 4PR on 10 inch rims. Can you decipher the #'s for me? I think the 4PR is the # of plys but the rest of the #'s don't make a lot of sense and there doesn't seem to be any inof for rim size on the front.

/ tiltmeters #5  
Gerard - 7-16 4PR: 7" section width on 16" rims, 4 Ply Rating. 11.2-24: 11.2" section width on 24" rims.

Mark

/ tiltmeters #6  
The addition of the tilt meter has changed my mowing patterns. Side slopes that I once mowed, are a thing of the past. Now I attack the hills by angling the slope, or decending nose first. Don't know how I would explain to wife how I rolled my "baby" over. Also, this is golf season and I wouldn't want to loose a "day at the park".

/ tiltmeters #7  
It changed mine a bit, too. I'm actually on pretty flat ground, except for the borrow ditch and an old tank dam, and I put the box blade on and modified those slopes a bit (grass'll grow back someday)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ tiltmeters #8  
Hello everyone! My name us Rick, and I am the owner/president of R&B Manufacturing, Inc - the makers of the "Tiltmeter". We just recently received information that this site had people who had shown interest in our products and I have to tell you - THE COMPLIMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!!! We hope you all continue to benefit from your tiltmeters and if you ever have ANY questions about ANY of our products, please feel free to let us know!

** Specail note to customers interested in Model #7490 (Beeper Model):
This model has been tested extensively, however our best test is our customers! If anyone has received one and is NOT satisfied, please contact us and give us your feedback. ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEED!!! It is hard for us to reproduce EVERY possible situation that an operator might encounter - that's why your feedback and suggestions are important to us!**

Sincerely,
Rick Hedgecock
R&B Manufacturing, Inc.
http://www.tiltmeter.com

/ tiltmeters #9  
Rick - I'm glad to see you made it to "our" site to post. A lot of us have posted messages about your products in the past. If you click on Search or even go the Archive and then do a search there, you'll see that there's been a lot said about your products, all of it good. JackInIL, whom you know pretty well, I think, first told me about them, then my big mouth got going too. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the beeper model version, which was on backorder when I ordered it. I'm anxious to try it. And I'll certainly let everyone know how it works.

Mark

/ tiltmeters #10  
So JackinIL sold Mark on the idea, then Mark sold me, and how many have we sold now?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Welcome to TractorbyNet, Rick.

Bird