Ford 532 baler????

/ Ford 532 baler???? #1  

kentuckydiesel

Silver Member
I have found a Ford 532 baler for sale that has been sitting out for a few years in the KY weather. Apparently it worked when it was parked. Is this a decent baler and what would it be worth? Should I even try? Thanks, Phillip

/ Ford 532 baler???? #2  
The 532 was a good baler dating back to the late sixties. I bought one last year to bale a few acres on my hobby farm. I only paid $200 for it. The baler had been shedded but the knotters needed repair. New Holland knotters work and I bought used ones from a friend. The baler has baled over 1000 bales with very few problems. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Ford 532 baler????
I just talked to the guy and he said that he can't guarantee that the baler isn't locked up from rust. I guess I'll pass on that one. -Phillip

/ Ford 532 baler????
Well, I may go look at it, let me ask, how high are parts gonna be for these things? Say i have to replace the knotters or something? Thanks, Phillip

/ Ford 532 baler???? #5  
Go clean it out and roll it around then pull the trip lever and continue to watch and see if it makes the knot cycle. Do this 3 or 4 times and watch different parts of the knotters and baler to see if everyhting is working. How much money you talking about spending on this thing? If you can get it cheap it may be worth buying. Keep in mind you can get a pretty good used baler for 500-1000$ However if you're gonna bale much hay spend the money on a good baler. I ahve found them like new for 5000$. Nothing is more frustrating than watching all that good hay waste or pulling your hair out cause you can't make a machine work.

/ Ford 532 baler????
That guy wanted $175 but i may be able to get it lower. I have a friend who said he might give me a International baler. I guess I'll check out the free one first. -phillip

/ Ford 532 baler???? #7  
Definately check out free stuff first! We have an old IH Mcormick 46 we picked up for $350. I geuss I've baled 10000 bales with it.