John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #1  

bgregory83

Tractor
Massey Ferguson
Hello everyone my name is Brandon and im new here. Me and my father n law are looking to buy a new tractor. We have been looking at the the sub compact JD 1025r and Kubota bx23s. Both look the be good machines so we are having a hard time picking one. Price between the 2 are only about $2000 different. What are the pros and cons of both and which one is better in your opinion.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum. You have come to the right place as we love to spend other people's money.

You haven't stated what you will be using the tractor for. Both are good machines. Have you driven either one to get a feel for it?

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s
We have about 10 acres of land. Mostly flat. Will be using the 60 inch deck to mow with and loader and backhoe for just small jobs. It's only for home use not for commercial. I have driven both and based on that I'm leaning more towards the John Deere. It's more comfortable to me with the forward and reverse paddles bein next each other. The Kubota has a rocker peddle and I'm not real fond of it.

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #4  
I have a Kubota BX24 and have been very happy with it. You should be happy with either tractor, but if the JD feels better and it is a good dealer go ahead and go green.

Doug in SW IA

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s
Thanks dougtrr2. We went with the JD and so far I love it. Only down fall so far is I would like for the deck to raise up a little more for ground clearance. Other then that I'm happy with it.

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #6  
The added deck clearance you would have had with the Kubota.

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #7  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum. You have come to the right place as we love to spend other people's money.

You haven't stated what you will be using the tractor for. Both are good machines. Have you driven either one to get a feel for it?

i personally would go with kubota, their sub compacts are very well built, i just replaced 20 years worth of hydraulic fluid out of a bx2200 with over 15000 hours on it, and it still runs fine. theyre built like tanks. as far as the pedals go, i understand that the john deer may be more comfortable than the kubota, but that isnt the dealbreaker in my opinion. as far as quality, i feel kubota

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #8  
Hello everyone my name is Brandon and im new here. Me and my father n law are looking to buy a new tractor. We have been looking at the the sub compact JD 1025r and Kubota bx23s. Both look the be good machines so we are having a hard time picking one. Price between the 2 are only about $2000 different. What are the pros and cons of both and which one is better in your opinion.
You will probably get better discussion in another forum such as http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/. Ag tractors are generally over 100HP.

And:
i personally would go with kubota, their sub compacts are very well built, i just replaced 20 years worth of hydraulic fluid out of a bx2200 with over 15000 hours on it, and it still runs fine. theyre built like tanks. as far as the pedals go, i understand that the john deer may be more comfortable than the kubota, but that isnt the dealbreaker in my opinion. as far as quality, i feel kubota
20 years of fluid and 15 Thousand hours? That is impressive.

Is the next change due in 2039?

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #9  
I have compact Kubota with rocker pedal and brother in law has JD with the side by side pedals and NOW I have used the rocker pedals for years and his maybe three hours and I prefer the rocker pedal. But he and I both found the fel loader level was being pushed when in revers and you were twisted to our right to look behind the tractor backing up. Other wise liked the JD very well. His is a 41?? and no he does not have a mid mount mower.

I have B2710 and M6800 Kubota and a JD 5525. I like both labels but do not class the M6800 as hard workhorse the JD is. Mean running hour after hour pulling a disk or such.

/ John Deere 1025r or Kubota bx23s #10  
My thought is that for 10 acres and need for backhoe you are looking at a size too small. Consider 2 series JD or equivalent Kubota.