Offset Disc Set up- Miller pull type disc

/ Offset Disc Set up- Miller pull type disc #1  

cdupuy

Tractor
MF 135, John Deere 4430
I have a question about the setup of an offset disc. Overall length of the rear gang is 131". The front gang length is 121" On the right side of the rear gang, the gang sticks out from the frame 44", on the left side it is 19.5". On the front gang, the right side sticks out 24", and the left gang sticks out 29" from the frame (see drawing). what i would like to do is shift the gangs so that the distance from the end of the gang to the frame is equal on both sides of the gang. The 44" stick out on the right rear makes manuvering difficult. Is there a reason why the gangs are set up this way? Should I just live with the inconvenience?

thank you, Carr

Attachments

• PLOW CONFIGURATION.png
    PLOW CONFIGURATION.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 251
  • plow dozer rear view.jpg
    plow dozer rear view.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 323
   / Offset Disc Set up- Miller pull type disc #2  
It looks like the present setup is factory. So, yes, there's a reason for that configuration. The rear gang has to fill in the ruts produced by the front gang. I would do a test run with the present configuration and note how the disc performs. Then set it up the way you want and repeat the test run. It looks like you can make the modification by drilling a few extra holes.

Good luck