Allis Chalmers Corn Planter manual?

/ Allis Chalmers Corn Planter manual? #1  

songbirdfarm

Tractor
Farmall 140, John Deere 2550, Oliver White Field Boss 105
I have a two row Allis Chalmers snap coupler corn planter that I use to plant 2-4 acres of flint corn up here in Maine. The previous owner converted it to a three point hitch, and it works great! I've heard that you can change the sprocket arrangement to speed up or slow down the plates - I'm hoping to speed up the planting rate to plant dry beans. Anyone out there have a user manual they could glance at for me for the bean setting?

The current arrangement is a 12 tooth sprocket on the drive shaft and a six tooth sprocket on the seed hopper side, which drops a seed about every 9.5 inches. A little farther apart that what I might like, but it works for our corn. I know that I need a bigger drive sprocket to speed up to a 3-4 inch spacing for dry beans, which I'll need to locate and purchase once I figure out how many teeth I'm looking for. (Anyone have any leads?)

Thanks!

/ Allis Chalmers Corn Planter manual? #2  
I have a two row Allis Chalmers snap coupler corn planter that I use to plant 2-4 acres of flint corn up here in Maine. The previous owner converted it to a three point hitch, and it works great! I've heard that you can change the sprocket arrangement to speed up or slow down the plates - I'm hoping to speed up the planting rate to plant dry beans. Anyone out there have a user manual they could glance at for me for the bean setting?

The current arrangement is a 12 tooth sprocket on the drive shaft and a six tooth sprocket on the seed hopper side, which drops a seed about every 9.5 inches. A little farther apart that what I might like, but it works for our corn. I know that I need a bigger drive sprocket to speed up to a 3-4 inch spacing for dry beans, which I'll need to locate and purchase once I figure out how many teeth I'm looking for. (Anyone have any leads?)

Thanks!

If you don't have any luck here, post your question at Yesterday's Tractors - Discussion Forums.

Good luck.

Steve

/ Allis Chalmers Corn Planter manual?
Thanks, Steve!

/ Allis Chalmers Corn Planter manual? #4  
If the gears are like they are on the Cole planters I had you can switch the two gears you now have. That might get you in the range you want. Also if these planters have "plates" there are probably different plates for the difference in size of seeds and also to plant closer. If you can find them would suggest you buying good selection of plates and any gears as they will get rarer and rarer. Doubt anyone is making any more.