Tractor
    Ford 1710: Loader, Hoe, Snowblower, Box scrapper & 3ph Forks

Default Exhaust pipe rain cover

The tractor has to sit outside after I moved it to our other place for awhile. I couldn't find a small can to put over the exhaust pipe, so I tied a plastic bag over the end.

Now I start thinking. Gee, I wonder if I'm sealing in more moisture from exhaust gases remaining in the manifold than I'm keeping out from any rain that comes along. I wonder if I should remember to take a small can from home, and then hope it doesn't blow off.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    EarthForce EF-5 mini-TLB (2001)

Default Re: Exhaust pipe rain cover

TomG, there's not going to be much moisture in the exhaust gases, unless the tractor hasn't warmed up before you shut it off. If you're concerned about it, though, you could make a can that would sit up off the top of the pipe a little - but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. (Maybe Bird would liken it to using Amsoil in a tractor that'll outlast you without it. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img])

Mark

I think that's a good analogy, Mark.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bird

Elite Member
    Tractor

Bird - I thought ya might...

Mark

Tractor
    Ford 1710: Loader, Hoe, Snowblower, Box scrapper & 3ph Forks

Thanks. That's what I thought too. If I spent more time trying to think less, then I'd probably have more time.

Since, at times, this forum seems to be something like Rome--All discussions led to oil--I'll ask a question. Any idea of the difference between Ford/NH 134 and Ford/NH F200 hydraulic oil? I ended up with 5 gallons of each. I think the F200 is a multi-season version of the standard 134.

Coming up on my 600-hour oil change. Don't know if the oils mix, or if it's worth driving 300 miles to exchange the 134. It gets real cold here in the winter.

Elite Member
    Tractor

TomG - I don't know, personally. What I'd recommend, though, is... no, never mind. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mark

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened

I had a counterweighted rain flapper on my exhaust pipe. The rattle was driving me nuts. So a veggy can was put into service. Even painted the can to match. Works well ... if I can remember to put the can on the pipe after using the machine.

Tractor
    Kubota B2410

That's all the farmers in my family have ever used, a (coffee) can on a stick.
    JohnG
    We have Democracy, but were founded on Liberty.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790).

I am for LIBERTY!

I Support electric trailer brakes on EVERY axle over the towing vehicle's GVW, CDLs for RVers and safety inspections on ALL licensed vehicles!