front attach mowers

/ front attach mowers #1  

jimg

Veteran Member
According to a Krone sales blurb front attach mowers/mower conditioners are fairly popular in europe but seem are just catching on here, in the US. I've never seen a front attach mower (exc in pictures) and wondered how they're powered. I don't recall any 'American' tractor w/ front PTO so it must mean they're hydraulic?

/ front attach mowers #2  
Some brands do have an actual 1000rpm front PTO along with a front 3 point hitch. <font color="red">These</font> guys make the OEM hitches for JD. They are listed in the configurator.

Those hydraulic ptos...you must be thinking of the front hydraulic pumps like for the boom mowers and such, this is not like that. <font color="green">This</font> is what I think you are thinking of as far as a hydraulic front PTO.

In Europe they even plow with their front hitches. And you can't blame them, what with the cost of fuel. You need to accomplish as much fieldwork with as few trips as possible.

/ front attach mowers
Thanx! When I mentioned hydraulics I was just trying to imagine how it would worked. I didnt realize anyone made front hitches and PTOs for 'American' tractors. Do you have any idea what the cost of a front hitch and PTO would be? I'm figuring they're probably pretty pricey.

/ front attach mowers #4  

My TN90F New Holland mentions front PTO (and maybe mid?) in the manual, as I recall. It's an Italian made machine for vineyard/orchard use.

Your comment on fuel cost in Europe made me think. When we were there back in 1990, fuel on the road was sure as heck high, no question. But since a much higher % of the prices for fuel in E is tax (supposedly to tamp down excess use of almost exclusively imported fuel and pay for expensive road--mountains, tunnels, etc), is the cost of off road fuel in Europe as proportionately high? Especially given the European proclivity to subsidize farming activities.

Just something to consider, sorry to hijack your thread /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif (if someone has some info, they could start a separate one).

Jim
Mt Burgha on the Rivanna in VA

/ front attach mowers
Thanx...any idea if NH offers front PTOs? Their webiste isnt so nice as JD w/ regard to building your own.

/ front attach mowers #7  
For that, you may need to check with your dealer. I'm sure they do though. Front mounted equipment is very popular - just not here - yet.

/ front attach mowers #8  
NH has front mounted pto's available on the Euro tractors. I think if you really want one and have the cash to back you, they will sell you one right here. As for if it is a standard option, I don't think so yet.

/ front attach mowers
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I'll just opt for what's commonly available. The front PTO/3 pt is a *great* idea but somewhat ahead of its time over here and I'd rather not experiment w/ my starter money.

/ front attach mowers #10  
BTW,
Have you checked the New Holland UK website? There are some nice photos of those models in various configurations. Some do have FPTO and FTPH.

Just to start:
<font color="blue">New Holland UK</font>
It's easiest to click the "Full Color Photos" icon for each model (up at the top by the "Adobe" icon). Sift through these and you'll see them. You can click a 1024x768 wall paper size.
The US NH website is really lacking here.