kubota B6100 hydr leak

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #1  

Anonymous Poster

I parked my B6100 after about 2 hours of mowing and noticed a large puddle of Hydraulic oil had leaked out from the the PTO shaft on the tractor. I checked the dip stick and it was dry. I use a Woods finishing mower. Did I blow a seal? How costly is this to repair?

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #2  
I don't know about the B6100, but the parts manual for my B2710 shows an ordinary oil seal around the rear PTO shaft (and I would expect the B6100 to have a similar one); however, the shop manual says nothing about how you replace it. I'd be strictly guessing, but suspect it's a fairly simple repair.

Bird

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #3  
Since your sure its leaking from the pto shaft and not the gasket replacing the seal will be easy but time consuming...2 to 3 hours.

Cost for the seal assemble and gasket for a B7100 was $62.oo couple years ago.

Good luck.

I'm not sure about the B6100 transmission,but there also could be a rubber 'o' ring in side check to see if its okay.

Thomas..NH

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #4  
If you shouldn't have a parts manual you might be interested in Jensales Inc.
There maunual are great,for they show the complete break down on all areas.

Telephone number. 1-800-443-0625

I'm not sure if Jensales Inc still located on Yesterday Tractor website.

Good luck.

Thomas..NH

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #5  
Recently while using a rotary mower on my B2150 grass got wrapped around my mid-PTO and damaged the seal and it started leaking.

The replacement seal cost under $10. I had to drain all of the hydrostatic fluid (just under 5 gallons) and then the seal just slid off over the PTO shaft. The new one slid right back on into place. So far, no more leaks.

I would recommend changing the hydrostatic fluid filter, clean the suction screen and put in new fluid (sounds like you have no choice there...).

Don't know how similiar the B2150 mid-PTO seal replacement and the B6100 PTO seal replacement are, but I thought I'd throw this information in nonetheless.

/ kubota B6100 hydr leak #6  
ok, how did it go??? give us an update on what you found on the cost of the parts and what was involved in the change. I have a B6100, so i am real interested in all repairs or problems;
heehaw