8N Restoration

/ 8N Restoration #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
Sometime this year I plan on restoring my 8N, as if I need to add to my list of projects.

I received a free parts cataloge from www.n-complete.com. They also refurbish 2N, 9N, 8N, and 600's. Strip them down and make them like new. Interesting sight and pictures.

Does anyone else have any good part sites for hard to find items for 8N. I will be getting most from dealers but always like to compare price.

Mine is pretty much complete but not real sure what I will need until I get into it. And then again if the weather get a little warmer ( not much winter weather here) I'll put this project off till next winter.

And depending on how this goes I may restore the 600.

For some reason the link won't work from this post. If you want to view you may have to type the link in yourself...www.n-complete.com

I ment to put this under Vintage tractors...feel free to move.

/ 8N Restoration #2  
Your link doesn't work because of the extra period (.) after the .com part of the URL. You can edit the post and remove that period.

I've thought about fixing up an older tractor too. Always worried about how much $$ it would cost /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kevin

/ 8N Restoration #4  
I didn't find the cost of parts so bad, as the amount of TIME it takes to do it right and the right tools.

In the early 70's, I bought a '49 JD model M. Needed wire harness ($20 from JD), new or fixed gas tank ($60 from JD, had it repaired for $10), decals and paint, so mine was easy.

In the 80's, started restoring granddad's '29 McCormick 15-30. Wow, that thing was a beast--weighed 7,000 pounds! Radiator was 250 pounds. I was able to find NEW parts from individual collectors. Bought new carb kit, rebuilt magneto, and 3rd party decals. Could have bought 3rd party fenders as well.

I was doing this in a one car garage with no lift, so had to manually horse all the stuff into place. I also had an expert close to me to guide me, which was a BIG help.

ron

/ 8N Restoration #5  
Try "Just 8N's" or my favorite "Dennis Carpenter's". Both are great places for parts and info!!!

/ 8N Restoration #6  
In addation to the barkleys and carpenters site.. try www.8nford.com.. they have some new stuff.. and lotsa good used parts..

Soundguy