Planting corn

/ Planting corn #1  

RAB__AR

Tractor
Buhler-Versatile 2360, 2 CIH MX270's, CIH 7140, 2 IH 5488's, CIH 385, JD 8400T, JD 4450, & JD 4710 sprayer. Also JD 9760 combine and CIH 2188.
We started planting corn today in EC Arkansas. I thought you guys might like to see some pics of how we do it "here".

Heres the bedder/roller. We plant our corn on beds for drainage and in some cases irrigation.

cornplant20061.jpg

This is my "new to me" planter. JD 1700 series units on an Orthman bar. Its a 12 row 38" stack fold. The bedder and planter are both 3 pt hitch.

cornplant20065.jpg

/ Planting corn #2  
Thanks for the pictures. With any luck I will start my tillage by April /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Planting corn #3  
Puts a different perspective on my like 22 HP Bota and it's 52 INCH wide tiller.

I love ag stuff, but I'm in about as far as I can go $$$$ wise.

Thks for the pics.

ron

/ Planting corn
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I love ag stuff, but I'm in about as far as I can go $$$$ wise.)</font>

I love ag stuff too but I can guarantee you I'm in as far as I need to go. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Planting corn #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Puts a different perspective on my like 22 HP Bota and it's 52 INCH wide tiller.

I love ag stuff, but I'm in about as far as I can go $$$$ wise.

Thks for the pics.

ron )</font>

I bought a used 140 hp tractor & a 15 row bean bar planter couple years ago - $10,600 for the tractor, $250 for the planter. Older, but looks about like what he has. Bet that's less than you have in your machine.:)

They are predicting 5-9 inches of snow tonight. Lows in the single digits this week. Going to be a while be4 I get out there with a planter......

--->Paul

/ Planting corn #7  
Mornin Rab,
Thanks for those great pics! My next door neighbor occasionally rents out the property below me to a local farmer to plant his corn, and I love sitting on my south hedgerow during harvest time watching that big JD and corn chopper shoot sileage into thw wagon!!! A cold beer and cigar make it even better /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ Planting corn #8  
Rambler,

You are correct on price, but I couldn't turn a 140HP unit around on my property, much less work it up with it.

ron

/ Planting corn #9  
Rab,

By any chance did you help a guy out on the highway last June that had a flat tire on a big LQ horse trailer late at night?

/ Planting corn
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice photos. How much land are you putting in corn?

Cliff
)</font>

Our corn acres are down this year so we'll only have 300. The main reason for the big planter is cotton. We'll have 1550 acres and the 12 row planter is needed to match a 6 row picker. Cotton pickers don't take the variation of an uneven lap middle very well.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Rab,

By any chance did you help a guy out on the highway last June that had a flat tire on a big LQ horse trailer late at night? )</font>

I wish I could say that was me, but it wasn't.