Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

Default Re: Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them

The biggest reason I am looking at one is hook up and storage. I am looking at 9' disc mower and I have heard stories about how hard they are to attach. Also, I want to store it in my barn. I figure that being able to roll it into a corner or move it out of my way would be slick.

How much do they run?

Thanks,
    D.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

The biggest reason I am looking at one is hook up and storage. I am looking at 9' disc mower and I have heard stories about how hard they are to attach. Also, I want to store it in my barn. I figure that being able to roll it into a corner or move it out of my way would be slick.

How much do they run?

Thanks,
    D.

Thanx...again how much do they cost?? Guess I have one more q...ccm posted a pic of a pull behind which look pretty good to. How much is it compared to a mower + caddy? It seems that the mower and caddy would be most flexible as the mower could be dismounted and used in tighter places. Any thoughts on pros/cons or these rigs?

Thanx...again how much do they cost?? Guess I have one more q...ccm posted a pic of a pull behind which look pretty good to. How much is it compared to a mower + caddy? It seems that the mower and caddy would be most flexible as the mower could be dismounted and used in tighter places. Any thoughts on pros/cons or these rigs?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe

looks like i was thinking of something totally different than what you were talking about.i thought you were talking about a caddy for a discbine.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe

looks like i was thinking of something totally different than what you were talking about.i thought you were talking about a caddy for a discbine.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not all MFG's disc mowers are as hard to hook up to a 3 point hitch as a Fort disc mower. The key to easy hook 3 point hook-up with any MFG's disc mower is how the disc mower is unhitched. If you will unhitch your mower on some crates or on a hard level surface it is easier to hook-up. If you unhitch a 3 point disc mower down in uneven soft ground you have just lost up to an hour when it is time to hook up the mower again.
    No question a mower caddy with a pin is much easier to hitch up too than any 3 point hitch. )</font>
    Now CCI it has never taken me anywhere near an hour to hook up my Fort. Never thought about fuel savings with a caddy. Anyone who has to mow on a hill should seriously consider one. My tractor is heavy and the disc still tries to drag it around on a hill.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not all MFG's disc mowers are as hard to hook up to a 3 point hitch as a Fort disc mower. The key to easy hook 3 point hook-up with any MFG's disc mower is how the disc mower is unhitched. If you will unhitch your mower on some crates or on a hard level surface it is easier to hook-up. If you unhitch a 3 point disc mower down in uneven soft ground you have just lost up to an hour when it is time to hook up the mower again.
    No question a mower caddy with a pin is much easier to hitch up too than any 3 point hitch. )</font>
    Now CCI it has never taken me anywhere near an hour to hook up my Fort. Never thought about fuel savings with a caddy. Anyone who has to mow on a hill should seriously consider one. My tractor is heavy and the disc still tries to drag it around on a hill.

Silver Member
    Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544

The only reason my Fort mower is a pain to hook up is because I am using a fast hitch with 3 point arms. No side to side flexability. Other than that it is not bad to hook up at all. I don't see why a Fort would be any different than the other models.

Silver Member
    Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544

The only reason my Fort mower is a pain to hook up is because I am using a fast hitch with 3 point arms. No side to side flexability. Other than that it is not bad to hook up at all. I don't see why a Fort would be any different than the other models.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast