Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
Does anybody use a mower caddy? Basically a trailer sytem for the disc mower so it is really easy to hook up? I have been looking them over - they look slick.

Thanks,
D.

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them
Does anybody use a mower caddy? Basically a trailer sytem for the disc mower so it is really easy to hook up? I have been looking them over - they look slick.

Thanks,
D.

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #3  
don't have one myself. but saw one in use a week ago. it was being used for a big center piviot jd disc. probably a very good investment if you have to do some traveling between fields on tight back roads. not too sure that the 1 i saw would work for a side pull type disc, unless the drawbar/pto on the mower was able to piviot to allow the mower to be towed as a length instead of a width.

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #4  
don't have one myself. but saw one in use a week ago. it was being used for a big center piviot jd disc. probably a very good investment if you have to do some traveling between fields on tight back roads. not too sure that the 1 i saw would work for a side pull type disc, unless the drawbar/pto on the mower was able to piviot to allow the mower to be towed as a length instead of a width.

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anybody use a mower caddy? Basically a trailer sytem for the disc mower so it is really easy to hook up? I have been looking them over - they look slick.

Thanks,
D.
)</font>
You have two options if you want to drop a pin and mow:
The Disc Mower Caddy
Disc%20mower%20cart%201.JPG

OR

The Pull-Type mower
tm700_01.jpg

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anybody use a mower caddy? Basically a trailer sytem for the disc mower so it is really easy to hook up? I have been looking them over - they look slick.

Thanks,
D.
)</font>
You have two options if you want to drop a pin and mow:
The Disc Mower Caddy
Disc%20mower%20cart%201.JPG

OR

The Pull-Type mower
tm700_01.jpg

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #7  
Nice! I never knew they existed. I have a Fort disc mower I bought from SweettTractors but I use it on a Farmall 544 with fast hitch. I have the three point conversion arms but they are difficult to say the least to hook up to the mower as they have no left to right swing. Also, the fast hitch doesnt lift as high as a three point so the mower doen't really sit right in transport. How much do these caddies cost and are they adaptable to any disc mower manufacturer?

Thanx

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #8  
Nice! I never knew they existed. I have a Fort disc mower I bought from SweettTractors but I use it on a Farmall 544 with fast hitch. I have the three point conversion arms but they are difficult to say the least to hook up to the mower as they have no left to right swing. Also, the fast hitch doesnt lift as high as a three point so the mower doen't really sit right in transport. How much do these caddies cost and are they adaptable to any disc mower manufacturer?

Thanx

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #9  
Not all MFG's disc mowers are as hard to hook up to a 3 point hitch as a Fort disc mower. The key to easy hook 3 point hook-up with any MFG's disc mower is how the disc mower is unhitched. If you will unhitch your mower on some crates or on a hard level surface it is easier to hook-up. If you unhitch a 3 point disc mower down in uneven soft ground you have just lost up to an hour when it is time to hook up the mower again.
No question a mower caddy with a pin is much easier to hitch up too than any 3 point hitch.

/ Disc Mower Caddy - Anybody using them #10  
Not all MFG's disc mowers are as hard to hook up to a 3 point hitch as a Fort disc mower. The key to easy hook 3 point hook-up with any MFG's disc mower is how the disc mower is unhitched. If you will unhitch your mower on some crates or on a hard level surface it is easier to hook-up. If you unhitch a 3 point disc mower down in uneven soft ground you have just lost up to an hour when it is time to hook up the mower again.
No question a mower caddy with a pin is much easier to hitch up too than any 3 point hitch.