New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #1  

HayDR

Veteran Member, Approved Advertiser
Tractor
JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055
WHERE's the BEEF?

Not in New Holland, Not in John Deere, Not in Hesston but here comes the New 4700 Lbs Vermeer Rebel 5410 round baler. A 1000 LBS more baler that any of the other light weights for Thousands of $$$ less, $6,000 less than the Deere 458 Standard round baler that has less features and less steel. Yes the Rebel 5410 is the only standard 5x4 round baler on the market with Net Wrap. No expensive monitor is needed to control the net wrap.
Also the Rebel has drop and go, you'll never have to turn your PTO off to drop a bale with the Rebel 5410 baler.
Pull it with a 40HP tractor and save fuel $$$.
Just what you'd expect from Vermeer, the leader in round baler technology.
vag01.jpg

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #2  
how much $$$?

KB

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #3  
John Deere is better. Costs more up front but has a higher resale value.

"Real" farmers and customer operators use John Deere............

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #4  
johndeerefarmer said:

I always get a chuckle out of this stuff. Last time I checked I was a real farmer and a custom operator and I use a Vermeer. But hey I use a junky old red tractor too!

I bought my rebel 3 years ago and have not had one second of trouble from it. Actually seems almost all the farmers around here are going to Vermeer.

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #5  
johndeerefarmer said:

So, higher upfront cost=higher resale...
And this is an advantage because??
I have better things to do with my money than have it tied up in "status symbol" green equipment.

KB

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #6  
johndeerefarmer said:

And I suppose you're going to tell us how you are a "real" farmer?

High re-sale value is key when you buy something you KNOW you won't be keeping. Might that be because you aren't satisfied with its performance?

EVeryone I know that's bought a Vermeer Rebel wouldn't part with it, and they hold up well enough that you can KEEP it for a considerable time.

Deere makes a good baler. So does Vermeer. Both equals with one priced CONSIDERABLY higher than the other. Being a "real" farmer is about making smart financial decisions. Which one sounds "smart", the "expensive" good baler, or the "not nearly as expensive" good baler?

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #7  
johndeerefarmer said:

REAL farmers use the equipment that works the best for them whether it be green or not. Not all JD equipment is better. We have a 10 wheel 702 v rake thats a piece of crap and so is our 752 tedder. The absolute lowest quality rakes and tedders that money can buy so not all JD equipment is better. Also we have 20' JD batwing and it scalps like crazy and has tiny gearboxes and is far from the best. JD is smart. They think that because they are JD they can do what they want (cut corners) in a lot of ways and charge a higher price and people will still buy. I gotta give Jd credit, they got it figured out.

About the Vermeer baler, I don't like the twisted belts and the belts are thin and look cheap.

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler
EquipmentUser said:
About the Vermeer baler, I don't like the twisted belts and the belts are thin and look cheap.

The current Vermeer Rebel 5410 and all the Vermeer M series balers do not have twisted belts. You need to get out some more. Also Vermeer is currently using 3 ply MRT belts. Deere uses 3 ply diamond top belts because the Deere baler does not have bottom drum roller and JD needs an aggressive belt to turn the bale and this adds to the leaf loss on crops like alfalfa.
vag08.jpg

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #9  
CCI said:
The current Vermeer Rebel 5410 and all the Vermeer M series balers do not have twisted belts. You need to get out some more. Also Vermeer is currently using 3 ply MRT belts. Deere uses 3 ply diamond top belts because the Deere baler does not have bottom drum roller and JD needs an aggressive belt to turn the bale and this adds to the leaf loss on crops like alfalfa.
vag08.jpg
I looked at a new Vermeer baler at the dealer the other day that had twisted belts and they were definately thinner than the belts on our JD baler. I'm not sure what model it was.

/ New Vermeer 5410 Rebel Baler #10  
M series don't have twisted belts, but they are more expensive! I've had 0 problems with the twisted belts on my rebel. I got a stick in one and frayed it a bit the very first year, but it has worn well. When I replace the belts in a few more years are there any heavier available or should I just go with oem?