Looking for a bale stooker.

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #1  

unioncreek

Tractor
1949 Farmall M
I'm looking for a bale stooker that stacks 6 bales in a triangle and then drops them on the ground. I do all my hay myself and it's getting to be a pain stopping to pick up single bales. I live in southeastern Washington and if you happen to know of any send me an email.

Thanks,
Bobg

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #2  
I have not seen any accumulater that would stack or leave bales in a triangle but Steffen makes a great system. There are a few other companies out there that make accumlators but I can't remember them right now. Here is a link to Steffen so you can check it out. Take care.
Steffen Systems Bale Accumulators - 1(888)783-3336

/ Looking for a bale stooker.
Hi Robert,

This is the type of stooker I'm talking about, it's not a very good picture.

72996-th.jpg

Bobg

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #4  
Do you have any idea what the manufacturer is for that rig? I have never seen one like that before. What is its advantage over the Steffen system?

I am curious about that setup though as I enjoy seeing other systems as they all give me ideas.

I like the Steffen system as you can buy one that suits your situation and buy the grab to make loading and stacking that much faster if you have a barn set up for unloading. Otherwise, just the time saved stacking would be great but you really need two people to make it real efficient. That or park trailers all over your field to load then hook back up and haul them in to unload.

Robert,

The manufacturer of the bale stooker is Agratec, I did a Google search and it looks like their Canandian. We had a homemade one when I was a kid and they worked great, they would shed rain real good if you got any during haying. We bucked ours up with an old Farmhand loader and would carry generally two stooks and sometimes 3 as we got closer to the stack. I've just been trying to find something reasonable so I wouldn't have to be driving all over the field picking up individual bales.

Bobg

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #6  
Ok then, I understand how it works. I will try to find some more info on it also. I can honestly say I have never seen one before so thanks for showing it to me.

How do you currently pick up your bales? Do you use a truck and pick each one up by hand or a tractor and flat racks?

Robert,

I currently pickup all my bales by hand and stack them on a trailer, then into my barn. Most of the fields I cut are small 5 to 7 acres, this is mainly dryland wheat country.

Bobg

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #8  
Hello,

here in Ontario there are many many old Allied bale stookers available. I don't know how well they work, but they sell used for $500 to $1500, they are usually quite rusty. Check agdealer.com or agbuyersguide.ca to do a search so you can see what one looks like and then do a search on ironsearch.com or some other equipment sites.

Here's a pic from one of those sites...

I considered buying one but instead I went with a Forage King Bale Basket, it automatically fills with a 100 bales (baler pushes the bales into the basket) and then dumps them in one pile where you want.

Attachments

• allied-bale-stooker.jpg
    allied-bale-stooker.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 1,619
Dbnair, Thanks for posting that picture. We have an old one at home that was built by a neighbor that worked really good. I'll have to look at it when I get a chance to go home to MT, it's a 600 mile trip and we only get there about once a year. Maybe I'll have my trailer built and if it's not in too bad of shape I'll bring it home. It's not as heavy built as the Allied, I think four guys could lift it on the trailer.

Bobg

/ Looking for a bale stooker. #10  
I happened to stumble on this old thread. What did you end up doing? I always thought these were a great idea if you were going to handle small squares.