ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge

/ ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge #1  

Anonymous Poster

Are any of you using a a removable tooth bar on a HD bucket that has already has a bolt-on cutting edge installed? My dealer tried to install one on my L35 that is designed for this (by Woods) and couldn't get it to fit. Woods sent me a drawing today that looks like the tooth bar only goes over the bottom of the cutting edge 1 3/4 inches and just sits on the sharp upper edge of the cutting bar on top.

The force looks like it is primarly absorbed by the two side runners that attach inside the bucket.

I'm wondering if this 1 3/4 overlap is normal. Doesn't seem like much.

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge
I handle a line of bolt on toothbars that are custom built to fit the thickness of the cutting edge. If the toothbar is properly installed the teeth should be pushing against the cutting edge , not the side runners. You may contact me at sheaftractor@coiinc.com or 815-284-3226 for more details.

/ ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge #3  
8/9

My dealer just installed a toothbar on my 4 in one b4 delivery (a Bradco), and simply torched 2 holes for the side bolts. Kinda shook me up, wished he'd drilled instead /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. But it does seem to be sitting firmly against the factory cutting edge of the bucket.

Del/Leonard, are you asking if/saying we can have a cutting edge on at the same time as the toothbar? Would that be necessary/good /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif?

Hey, Del, register, Buddy, so you can keep in touch better /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. You contribute a lot to this group /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif!

Jim

I was asking if anyone had one over a removable cutting edge. The extra wear-out-this-before-you-wear-out the bucket edge. They bolt on. Also reinforces bucket, makes it almost impossible to bend the bucket no matter how much of a goof I am!

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

PS board seems to work better just as I do it. Am not much of a "joiner." Last time I did this I began getting junk emails to the email address I was using almost immediately. Hmmm.

Heck I'm already a member of the Moonies, FreeMen, Weather Underground, PTA, People for Continuous Tractor Useage, Diggin' Fools of Washington, etc!

/ ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge #5  
Del,
I got a tooth bar from Len. Bar does not simply sit on bucket edge. The teeth on the bar have V notches that accept the the cutting edge on your bucket for a very snug fit. The two side bolts merely keep the bar from siliding back out after you slip it on to the V notches. Most of the strain on the bar is on the notches and bucket cutting edge. Hopes this info makes sense.

regards,
george

/ ToothBar w/Bolt on Cutting Edge #6  
8/29

No one has yet said whether a cutting edge can co-exist with a Toothbar on the same bucket. How bout it? Strength and digging enhancement at the same time.

Allow me a edit here: maybe Len has said yes this can be done, but how about with the specific setup I have--Bradco and already installed toothbar--or anyone else's existing setup--

Thanks!

J

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jgh on 8/29/00 01:33 AM.</FONT></P>

From what I can see the toothbars are different, non additional edge toothbar fits over the "sharp" edge of a standard bucket. The toothbar for the removable digging edge has a much wider "mouth" to fit over both the additional edge and part of the original bucket edge. It also has "stops" inside the "mouth" to keep it from being jammed on too far putting stress on the two clamshell pieces that make up the assy.