Valtra-Valmet tractors?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #1  

jfh0jfh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450
A friend has a used Valtra-Valmet tractor ~ 70-80 HP that he bought used for almost nothing and swears by.

Finnish? Merged now with Volvo? I don't find much on the internet about them.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #2  
I am not sure how Volvo is connected but Valtra themselves is now owned by Agco. Valtra has always had a great reputation as being extremely well built. I looked at buying one a few years back but my budget just wouldn't allow it:(

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #3  
Robert_in_NY said:
I am not sure how Volvo is connected but Valtra themselves is now owned by Agco. Valtra has always had a great reputation as being extremely well built. I looked at buying one a few years back but my budget just wouldn't allow it:(

They are quite popular in Europe. Contractors like them because of their high spec.

I think they might just be Valtra now?

You can choose what colour they are painted in... :D

Valtra_c_serie.jpg

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #4  
I know, I have always wanted to buy one with the cow print pattern but if I recall wasn't that a promotion or a contractors special request and not a standard option?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #5  
I think it is still possible to get the cow print in the UK, the brochure says something like 'different colour schemes availible on request' and then some pictures of the cow print and leopard print :D

I can just imagine a whole silage fleet in cow print working in one field :D :D

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #6  
Hey All,

Valmet site is valtra.com

I think they are outstanding tractors! The key is of course parts and service. If you can get them I'd not be afraid of buying it. A few years ago I was charged with buying a tractor for the research organization I worked for. The valmet was the best tractor at the best price but I just could not justify the risk in terms of dealer stability meaning parts and service plus he was 40 miles away. JD and Case were just too high in price and I also considered Deutz and White. Had to go second best - New Holland - that was local. I don't recall the NH I bought but it was a good tractor about 95hp FWA with creeper.

-Ed-

PS I'm Finnish by heritagge so maaybe I'm biased! :D

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #7  
Volvo Tractors was sold up by Valmet.

Volvo is a swedish brand and merged with Bolinder-Munktells years ago.
Tractors had been named Volvo-BM then. After takeover, the Volvo brand dissapeared and was completly Valmet then

Valtra is from Finland and Valmet group has different businesses. They had been building Skidders and Forwarders too, other part of Valmet was making machinery for paperindusrty.

Valtra tractors have the Sisu-Diesel, also a company from Finland, part of Valmet Industries.

SisuDiesel - Company Overview

A few Years ago, Valmet sold the tractor activities to AGCO.

The forestal machinery is Komatsu, now. The papertechnology is part of Metso group. Not sure, but Metso is a kind of farmers Coop in SF.

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #8  
I saw my first Valmet tractor on a visit to Helsinki last summer.

I chatted with the operator and he seemed to think that the company
was in the process of being acquired by John Deere.

Attachments

• Valmet_tractor.jpg
    Valmet_tractor.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 11,237
   / Valtra-Valmet tractors? #9  
Have not owned one in canada but had them in britian and were mechanically good,Very good engines (same as larger MF 3000 series)and trannies were good My experience was with 110-180 hp 1997-2005 tractors and we had 2 8000 series and 3 "T" series ,The 8000's were pretty good but T series were a different story ,Hyd pumps,Front axles and the big thing was non stop electrical problems and dealers were surprizingly poorly equiped and fitters were under trained ,They were poular in some areas of GB but they were very expensive new and very poor trade in's and hard to sell used but motors were unbeatable ,First tractor to run an all bio fuel engine ?

/ Valtra-Valmet tractors? #10  
I was just in europe for a week, drove though farm country almost the entire time. Can't say I saw one Valtra tractor, LOTS of Fendt's, Case IH, Duetz, JCB, etc.