Frost plug heater for Deutz-Allis 5215

/ Frost plug heater for Deutz-Allis 5215 #1  

rawson

Tractor
Deutz-Allis 5215 maunal 4x4 w/FEL
Hello,

Anyone have a suggestion for finding a frost plug heater to fit a Deutz-Allis 5215 4x4 manual with 1 liter, 3 cylinder Toyosha diesel engine? I think it takes 1 5/8" plug (not completely sure until I get one out--maybe it's metric). I understand this engine was also used in Massey Ferguson MF-1010 and Hinomoto C-174.

Agco lists a lower radiator hose insert type, but my experience living in North Dakota tells me to find a frost plug type if possible. Zerostart people have no listing and do not catalog by dimension.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Frost plug heater for Deutz-Allis 5215 #2  
While I can't answre your question specifically, I would guess that it is metric -- everything on my A-C 5020 (which is also a Hinomoto/Toyosha) is, including some really hard to find bolt/thread combinations. I think the D-A 5215 is a first cousin to the Hino E174, they stopped making C174's in 1977.

/ Frost plug heater for Deutz-Allis 5215
Thanks for the note. I've been looking at other posts on this site and found a link to a parts catalog for Simplicity 9518, A-C 1015 (from #106106-buoght-deutz-allis-5215-today.html)

Looking through the PDF file to my amazment was the detail for an optional frost plug heater with part number. I'll check with Walter Impliment in eastern WA tomorrow, an Agco dealer whose been able to supply some rare parts in past including an internal PTO shaft I had to replace shortly after buying the tractor--that was a steep learning curve.

Now if I could just find the dimensions I might find something less in line with the gold standard. . .