McCormick-Deering implement

/ McCormick-Deering implement #1  

wkheathjr

Bronze Member
Tractor
80's Massey Ferguson 240
Hello,

I was doing a cleaning-up because I am in process of changing my grandpa's farm into my campground business and he got this abandoned hog farm building that was built in 50's. I found this implement and it had a brand name "McCormick - Deering" on it.

I am thinking of maybe sandblasting it and then paint it by original manufacturer color if I can find out its color specs or paint it black and sell it to serious antique collector. I have no idea how much it is worth as is and how much it is worth after I restore it so any idea where I should start to get it appraised??

/ McCormick-Deering implement #2  
wkheathjr said:
Hello,

I was doing a cleaning-up because I am in process of changing my grandpa's farm into my campground business and he got this abandoned hog farm building that was built in 50's. I found this implement and it had a brand name "McCormick - Deering" on it.

I am thinking of maybe sandblasting it and then paint it by original manufacturer color if I can find out its color specs or paint it black and sell it to serious antique collector. I have no idea how much it is worth as is and how much it is worth after I restore it so any idea where I should start to get it appraised??

A "serious antique collector" would neither want it restored nor painted black. Since you haven't described or said what "this implement" may be - it's difficult to help you.

If you want to restore it, and find out more about it, go to the antique tractor website - Yesterday's Tractors - Discussion Forums.

They can help you identify it. McCormick Deering equipment is red - but the year of manufacture will dictate the exact color.

/ McCormick-Deering implement
Thank you very much for steering me into right direction, hopefully. I'll keep this thread updated on my progress so someone else will find this thread and maybe do the same.