JCB Fastrac (Fastrack)

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #1  

barrylndn

Purchasing a used JCB Fastrac 3185. It's around a 185hp. Does anyone know much about these? From the few people I've spoken with about them, the only reason so far they've got rid of the one they've owned is to buy a new or newer one (and I'm not talking about the person I'm purchasing it from). From their specs, they seem pretty phenomenal, but again, my knowledge is pretty limited. I understand they are used a lot in Europe. Anyone able to lend a bit of information?

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #2  
A lot of European use due to high ground speed. JCB's quality has been iffy at best on certain products but I have heard good things about the Fastrack's...make sure you have dealer support in your area...and don't forget pictures!!

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack)
Thank you for the input! I had heard the first couple of years of the fastrack had u-joint problems in the front-end, but had resolved them. Information online is sketchy at best, but mostly good. No JCB dealer close, but having a cummins 5.9 ltr. was a big factor, since just about any shop can work on them...and can crank a bit more horse from them fairly easily. The high ground speed was a big factor, since it will be going to several different locations, all around 15 miles apart. Have a 15 y/o Deere, 110 hp. Great, bulletproof tractor, but slow to transport. Thinking about going to a large square baylor (used). Any imput on which brand is better?

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #4  
Is this a used import Fastrac? If so the farmers I know that have bought them have not been overly impressed. They love the concept but the used units brought in have been beat and if I recall are prone to axle failures. Most of the guys I have chatted with that have owned them really did like the machine but traded back in on a conventional tractor.

There was a farmer near me who bought two Fastracs and a brand new NH large square baler. He has way more money then brains though as he ran everything for a year and quit the haying game. He would put drivers in all his equipment instead of operators and they would destroy everything. He had a brand new Kuhn 6002 rake that after a year was in rough shape. I offered $7k for it but he thought it was worth top dollar still since it was only a year old. I don't know what happened to the baler or the Fastracs as the next year he was a corn farmer and had two 8410T John Deeres and a 12 row JD planter. He leased all the ground he could get his hands on and lost a fortune on corn. I guess he made out with the insurance though but now he is a grape farmer. :rolleyes: I don't blame the guy for wanting to farm as I love farming. I just think he should pick something and learn how to farm one crop instead of thinking all farming is so easy he just changes his complete operation.

I do like the JCB Fastrac and Claas has the Xerion which is a beautiful setup. The new Fastracs have had some glitches here and there which is mostly quality control issues. Anything out of warranty should have these glitches fixed by then. Best of luck to you and if you buy one please post pics.

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack)
Finally! Picked up a Fastrack 3185 ('97 model) 185hp. Pretty dirty, and a lot of little things to fix. Will post pictures of Before the improvements soon! Stay Tuned!

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #6  
..OK...Fastracs have a bad hype in north ameriaca for their parts ...That could be a fact (JCB).
We operated 165's...1135's...2140's and found no more repairs or extra maintenance over the fleet of regular tractors we were running.
If you want to make it last ....Drive it like truck...?
We used em as tractors but they will not take abuse...An owner/operator machine......10'000 hours..?

..PS..
Don't even think a "UNIMOG" will even compete with a "FASTRAC" As high speed tractors go...There is only the best......"FASTRAC".

JCB own 75% of the world market share of telehandlers and backhoes.....Good breeding...?

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #7  
Purchasing a used JCB Fastrac 3185. It's around a 185hp. Does anyone know much about these? From the few people I've spoken with about them, the only reason so far they've got rid of the one they've owned is to buy a new or newer one (and I'm not talking about the person I'm purchasing it from). From their specs, they seem pretty phenomenal, but again, my knowledge is pretty limited. I understand they are used a lot in Europe. Anyone able to lend a bit of information?

I`m looking for operator`s manual for that mashine Fastrac 3185, if someone help thanks in advance!

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #8  
I`m looking for operator`s manual for that mashine Fastrac 3185, if someone help thanks in advance!

I designed some of the tooling and assembly line for the fastrac gearboxes, and have mates who still work there... I'll give them a call and see if they can get their hands on a manual... oh.. a word to the wise: check the torque on the diff-housing to Axle-housing flanges.

Watch this space.

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #9  
From their specs, they seem pretty phenomenal, but again, my knowledge is pretty limited. I understand they are used a lot in Europe. Anyone able to lend a bit of information?

Over here in Holland, a tractor/dumptrailer combination is the most popular means of dirt hauling, as it doesnt need CDL nor highway diesel (more tax)
You mostly see Case/Steyr CVT, Fendt Vario, JD and NH pulling those dumptrailers. Fasttracs are still a rare sight, i have only seen two in real life.

User comments are that the tires are too small to generate traction, and heavy 3pt implements make it unstable because of the suspended rear axle.
In general, lots of tractors doing transport in Holland, but a fasttrac is a rare sight.

/ JCB Fastrac (Fastrack) #10  
I designed some of the tooling and assembly line for the fastrac gearboxes, and have mates who still work there... I'll give them a call and see if they can get their hands on a manual... oh.. a word to the wise: check the torque on the diff-housing to Axle-housing flanges.

Watch this space.

Thanks mate!
This model have a range of diff-housing.The torque is very good!If may send some in advance, I`ll be very happy!