Landini??

/ Landini?? #2  
I've been told for years that Landini's are the same as Massey-Fergusons. Might be worth asking around to see if they still are.

/ Landini?? #3  
Massey Ferguson purchased Landini in 1959, sold 66% of Landini in 1989. The tractors shared a lot with MF, but were not exactly the same from what I have been told. In 1994 Landini became a part of Argo Spa, which also owns McCormick as well as other ag lines. The tractor in the link appears to have a lot of MF heritage, and does come with a Perkins engine according to TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors

/ Landini?? #4  
The MF 300 series has been built by Laverda. Today McCormick and Laverda are part of Argo.

ARGO Industrial Group

Rumour says, that they are trying to sell McCormick, but at Agritechnica in Hannover last week, they showed up together.

/ Landini?? #5  
Landini vever made their own tractor . Used to be MF under license after that i'm not sure ,Big ones are NH's ...?
As a cheap alternative i would say they are one of the better ones ,Over east european ?

/ Landini?? #6  
I don't know much about the models but have operated one on a nearby farm.

I recall a double gear box of sorts that was really quite interesting.

Tough no frills tractor is what I remember

/ Landini?? #7  
D7E said:
Landini vever made their own tractor . Used to be MF under license after that i'm not sure ,Big ones are NH's ...?
As a cheap alternative i would say they are one of the better ones ,Over east european ?

Buhler only rebadged the Genesis as a Starland for Landini. I don't know how many they sold but it only lasted one or two years.

Landini is part of Argo which also owns McCormick. They have 6 plants in Italy as well as one in France and one in England. The Landini brand had tractors made for them by Iseki and Massey Ferguson owned Landini from 1959 till Argo bought majority share in 1994 so I would think there would have been some crossover during that time frame.

However, I have not found anything to show New Holland makes tractors for Landini and to my naked eye it appears Landini tractors are Landini tractors. They build just about everything on site at their own plants. They buy their motors but assemble them to their own transmissions and rear axles and put their own cab on top.

I have always like Landini tractors (they are blue:) ) and if you have information showing who makes certain models please post it as I enjoy learning about all the different tractor brands.

Landini Canada's website has a lot of information on Landini if you are interested. Look under the About Landini page Landini Canada Inc Bradford Ontario Landini Tractors

/ Landini?? #8  
I know we fit a lot of loaders on Landini tractors - they install pretty easy and of the models we fit, they don't need Rear Axle Kits to reinforce the frame. They make a good loader tractor.

Attachments

• LANDINI95-4WD-TA-26.jpg
    LANDINI95-4WD-TA-26.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,548
   / Landini?? #9  
Westendorf-RR said:
I know we fit a lot of loaders on Landini tractors - they install pretty easy and of the models we fit, they don't need Rear Axle Kits to reinforce the frame. They make a good loader tractor.

Do you know if any of the Landini tractors are made by another company? I think Iseki is still making some small tractors for them but I don't know for sure.

By the way, that Landini you posted with your loader sure did look nice :)

/ Landini?? #10  
Thanks Robert... There is some McCormick and/or Agco association, however tractor frames are not identical. We still maintain specific mounting kits for the Landini tractor.