allis chalmers c/w

/ allis chalmers c/w #1  

georgia plow boy

Bronze Member
I went to the feed store this morning and sitting their was an old A/c hand cranked w/c 1934 model he didn't know for sure he just acquired it in a trade it looks like a row cropper its got new paint tires and he said its been gone through all the way it looks brand new his asking price is $3500 for it. I would like some information about this tractor and what you think about the price thanks

/ allis chalmers c/w #2  
Kinda depends on what you want to do with it. Lot of money for that size,age,and features if its going to be a worker. Why do I say that? No versatility. There is no 3 point hitch for one and without that the machine is limited due to available attachments in my opinion.

If your collecting might not be a bad price? I don't know and you would not have to worry about attachments.

/ allis chalmers c/w #3  
I had a D14 and D17 and Dad had 2 WCs. They're all solid tractors, but that snap coupler hitch means you're going to have a set of equipment that fits it and nothing else. The 3pt. adapters I have seen are pretty lightweight. The PTO is clutch-dependent and hydraulics are one-way(power up, gravity down). $3500 seems a little high to me.

/ allis chalmers c/w #4  
I owned a WD-45 until about 3 years ago. It was converted to a 3 pt hitch. It ran like a champ. I bought it for $1,300.00 about 6 or 7 years ago. I used it to keep my property mowed. It pulled a 5 foot bush hog extremely well.

I would say unless you are going to restore the WC tractor $3,500.00 is extremely over priced. If I were going to use it I wouldn't pay more than $1,000.00 for the tractor. You can buy an 8N, which parts would be more accessible, for probalby less than $3,500.00.

Just my thoughts,

Don