Deutz Tractors?

/ Deutz Tractors? #21  
   / Deutz Tractors? #22  
Originally Posted by irwin
Hello Andrew:

Any pictures with a loader on?..backhoe availabel?

I don't have any photos of them with Loaders yet. I'll take some here in the next few days. Deutz only has a Backhoe available for the Agrokid Series (39-50HP). We are putting Bradco or Bush Hog Backhoes on all the larger models.

Andrew
Iowa Farm Equipment

/ Deutz Tractors? #23  
Here are a couple. On the Kid models we use the Frey loader with the Wallenstein backhoe. Nice clean package and the Frey mounts up great with a cab. I also the OEM loader made by KMW

Most of our larger tractors sell with the Frey Vertex high lift loader vs. the OEM Stoll made Deutz loader. Smallest one lifts 5000 lbs to 14.5 feet so you can stack big bales seven high.

Buck

Attachments

• 85 with cab 2.JPG
    85 with cab 2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 5,640
  • farm85 frey.JPG
    farm85 frey.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 4,361
  • kid230.JPG
    kid230.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 3,998
   / Deutz Tractors? #24  
I like the new frey loader on that tractor. I am new to selling Deutz. It is nice to see other loaders that will mount. We are using Alo (Quickies) right now at the recomindation of another Dealer.

/ Deutz Tractors? #25  
Our neighbor had a D8006 made around 1975. Excellent on fuel, handled decently and pulled hard. You could shut the engine down, pull the dipstick and lay it on your wrist and not get burnt. On the downside, the hydraulics and power steering were slow compared to the American made tractors of the same era. We were impressed enough to deal on the same model, but purchased an Allis-Chalmers.

/ Deutz Tractors? #26  
My Dad had a mid 80's DA7085 cab model with FWA. It was a great tractor, never gave him a single problem. Although I've seen some older Deutz's for sale pretty cheap, the 85 series seem to hold thier value, which is a good indication of thier quality. Gerry

/ Deutz Tractors? #27  
EFC said:
Here are a couple. On the Kid models we use the Frey loader with the Wallenstein backhoe. Nice clean package and the Frey mounts up great with a cab. I also the OEM loader made by KMW

Most of our larger tractors sell with the Frey Vertex high lift loader vs. the OEM Stoll made Deutz loader. Smallest one lifts 5000 lbs to 14.5 feet so you can stack big bales seven high.

Buck

Thanks Buck: Very impressive..:D I'll go back to dreaming now..;)

/ Deutz Tractors? #28  
deutz tractors are the best tractors ever made in my opinion, i have drove new tractors but my favorite all time is a 81 DX 110, i wish they never put a watercooled engine tho

/ Deutz Tractors? #29  
I haven't posted on the site for a while but do read almost daily. Since I bought a new Agroplus 87 back in June I figured I'd make a report for those interested.

The main reason I purchased this tractor is for pulling a side delivery spreader. I had used a 2610 Long and got by for several years but knew the spreader was to big for that tractor.

I got the Agroplus 87 at the end of hay season but did have some Sudax to roll and baled some for a neighbor too. I have been really impressed with the tractor and the technology built in to it. The model I bought has electronic shuttle, stop and go and rpm memory. All of which are used each time I dump a roll of hay. Also on my baler I have to stop the PTO before dumping and the push button PTO is great too. It sure made baling much easier than what I was use to.

I had about 350 tons of wood ash delivered by late June. Spread 110 tons for a neighbor then. I spread on fields that I wouldn't have thought of going on with that Long tractor because of steep hills. The Agroplus has 4 wheel breaking and it works like a charm too. After using the all wheel breaking I see it's a big safety factor and every tractor should have that if you're working on hills or pulling heavy loads.

Pulling that spreader, the Agroplus 87 shinned with the electronics again. To start the spreader three things have to happen pretty fast. Once the pto starts I hit the button for RPM memory and open the gate in that order. So it's tap the PTO button twice, once for the rpm's and pull the handle for the hydraulic gate and used the detent valve for that function.

I may cuss the electronic functions if I have problems with them but as of now they sure are nice to have. The cab is nice and very well laid out. Love that air seat too. I forgot to mention the tractor will shift through five speeds in each of 6 choices of speeds. There's a button on the shifter that allows shifting without pressing the clutch pedal. That along with shuttle and stop and go I only use the clutch pedal to start the engine and from then on it's all wet clutch. The Stop and Go I use all the time. When I press the brake pedals the tractor decels and stops. When I release the brake pedals the tractor accels as to how fast you take my foot off the pedals and starts moving again. That's very handy for lots tractor work here.

In the operators manual it says the tractor will run 24 mph on the highway. I've driven behind it on two different pickup trucks when my son was on the road and the tractor runs 30 mph top speed. Again all wheel braking is very nice to have at speeds like that. In high range high gear the electronics take over in that gear and the engine RPM's go to 1,800 at 30 mph. This is used to save fuel.

Fuel usage has gotten better each tank full. Started out at 2 gal. per hour. I now pull that spreader and on the road a lot and it uses 1.28 GPH of fuel. That's pretty darn good for 87 hp and using about 80 of that when spreading.

My post is getting long and I'll stop here. Just wanted to report what I've seen so far and have had no problems with the tractor at all. It's been flawless. I think Deutz Fhar has put a lot of time and thought in those tractors to make them user friendly and dependable. I've used several models of JD tractors and have never seen one as smooth with the shuttle and shifting as this model is. Got a neighbor that's all JD all his years of farming and that's the first thing he said when he tried the Agroplus out. He was really impressed with the shifting and smoothness of it.
I'm just plumb tickled with this tractor.

/ Deutz Tractors? #30  
So I am going to look at a 1987 Deutz Fahr Dx 6.50. Anyone know much about this tractor, has less than 4k hrs on it. My guess is this would be water cooled. heard it gets great fuel economy which interests me particularly. How many hours will this beast run before I run into major failures?