Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450

Default Deutz Tractors?

I sometimes see 19670s-80s Deutz tractors for sale (Ohio) at decent prices. Often 4WD, 50-70 HP, air-cooled. This would be a handy utility tractor for me but there doesn't seem to be a strong dealer network around (I think they're part of Agco now).

Anyone have good/ bad experience with air-cooled Deutz? I appreciate that you get what you pay for and so there's probably a good reason that they are so cheap. A front-drive or trans failure would easily wipe out any savings.

But I know of a couple in the area and hear good things about them, relative to cost.
    Jon_H, East-Central Ohio

Default Re: Deutz Tractors?

Jon,

What models of Deutz Tractors are you looking at? We are a dealer for New Deutz Tractors & can still get parts for some of the older models. Deutz is now part of the SAME Deutz Fahr Company.

There are quite a few used Deutz air cooled Tractors still being used in our area, and we have heard very good feedback from the customers who are using them. We have not heard from anyone having issues with the air cooled engines or with the Front Wheel Assist axles. The tractors are extremely fuel efficient and the customers regularly comment that they hardly ever have to work on the Tractors (other then general maintenance).

Also I've attached some photos of what the new models look like.

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, JD 710, Case 450

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Jon,

What models of Deutz Tractors are you looking at? We are a dealer for New Deutz Tractors & can still get parts for some of the older models. Deutz is now part of the SAME Deutz Fahr Company.

There are quite a few used Deutz air cooled Tractors still being used in our area, and we have heard very good feedback from the customers who are using them. We have not heard from anyone having issues with the air cooled engines or with the Front Wheel Assist axles. The tractors are extremely fuel efficient and the customers regularly comment that they hardly ever have to work on the Tractors (other then general maintenance).

Andrew
    One of the tractors is a 6806. I think this is late-70s, ~ 65 HP.

Where are you located?
    Jon_H, East-Central Ohio

Tractor
    Enough

Parts are not a problem and the line has been very good for us, solid and dependable. Email us if you need parts or advice, we are glad to help.

Buck
    "People believe what they want to believe, reality be dammed"

"You only fear from people what you would willingly do to them"

Tractor
    JD2555

http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...cat/500/page/1

This Duetz picture was taken in the mid 80's and has been mowing a 10 acre field twice a month all these years, and still going strong. A new paint job, a few oil changes and two new mowers are about all it has needed.
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Jon,

We are located in east central Iowa, just off Interstate 80.

Andrew

Tractor
    Deutz D3006, 1944 Allis Chalmers B

I am not sure if my 2 cents is worth anything but I have a Deutz D3006 and use it constantly. As one said earlier it is great on fuel and the power of mine is just what I need. I bought this thing from the original owner and yes it was mad in Germany, and have not had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof1510
    yes it was mad in Germany.
    Is it happier in the states then? Sorry. I could not pass THAT one up.

Deutz are great, fuel efficient tractors. I would not think twice if the right deal came along.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000

Haven't seen many Deutz in this area but, the old ones you do see, you see working year after year. I had heard that they were air cooled and also that they were inexpensive to buy and very reliable, but very expensive to buy parts for.

Are the new Deutz-Fahr tractors aircooled or watercooled? The local Farmtrac dealer seems to have a slew of Deutz-Fahr and Goldini tractors on his lot all of a sudden.
    New Kidz: '04 L4300 w/BH-90X, '06 B7610, '07 MX5000 Old Pros: '75 Ford 4000, '54 JD40

Romans 8:28

The newer ones are now water cooled which is a bummer to the die hards that loved the air cooled.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast