Farmtrac Closes Their Doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Farmtrac Closes Their Doors! #21  
CCI said:
This situation is totally about cutting loses. What's to stop the dealers from saying come get these tractors or reduce the price by 25%? Every dealer I've talked too says they will not accept the previous pricing structure. There is very little consumer confidence now and dealers know that so Farmtrac better have race horse deals or John Deere coming in and saying we will take over. It is a train wreck.

Rumors and emotional lashing out will not change the facts.

Got to drop this, paperwork monster is taking over my desk. Back with you
Feb 1 or maybe Feb 2 depending when information is released and I can confirm the source.

Tim

/ Farmtrac Closes Their Doors! #22  
Tim C. said:
Don't think it is going to matter. Everyone in the industry wants Farmtrac to live. They have 5000 tractors on the ground to sell. No one wants them to be dumped on the market. It would ding the income statements of every company. Yes, including Deere. Plus, it would be death sentence to all tractors from India. Yes, including Deere's 03 series.

Tim
I've already run into this. I'm expected to match a quote on a tractor of unknown future with a loader and hoe of unknown parts availability and retail financing that may not even exist?? The dealer was really hoping to dump the tractor before the potential customer became aware that there were troubles. Who knows, if he had been honest, he may have sold the thing??

Some folks will stop at NOTHING to save a few bucks and if these tractors get dumped, it WILL take some sales from the other brands and dealers that are selling a current and supported product................

Ken

/ Farmtrac Closes Their Doors! #23  
Tim C. said:
Plus, it would be death sentence to all tractors from India. Yes, including Deere's 03 series.

Tim

I don't follow the logic in this statement, Tim. But, you know the business better than I.

/ Farmtrac Closes Their Doors!
Bob_Young said:
I don't follow the logic in this statement, Tim. But, you know the business better than I.
I too see few companies in the USA market today competing against Mahindra in the 35-70 PTO HP full size tractor market. They offer the best value for the Cow/calf producer. Mahindra has above a 30% market share in non-cab tractors sold in this HP range. I am no a Mahindra dealer nor do I own one but they are a great value in mid-sized utility tractor for hay producers.

/ Farmtrac Closes Their Doors!
Repair parts for Farmtrac tractors are available from:

Unifarm Machinery Corporation
4608 Lely Rd.
P.O.Box 38
Wilson NC 27894
Telephone: 252-291-3997
Fax: 252-291-7354
Toll Free: 877-294-3997

Magically see how fast this happened

/ Farmtrac Closes Their Doors! #26  
The tone of some comments in this thread need to come back to the civil level or it will be closed.

Upon further deliberation, the thread has been closed.

For more civil comments on this subject, please refer to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.