Farmtrac dealer

/ Farmtrac dealer #1  

Stormovic

Contacted a dealer in north central Ala today concerning Farmtrac troubles. At first the salesman denied knowing about the current troubles so I asked for a price on a 435. To my surprise he said $9800 plus tax and that there would be a full warranty on the tractor. After telling the guy that if I knew about the problems he had to know too he finally admitted that he was aware of what had happened. Is this not missrepresenting the truth or not? I guess if I had plopped down 10 grand today I would be the proud owner of a machine with a questionable future. I was just about set on a 435 or 535 before this crap hit the fan. Now I might have to go orange or green. What a shame. Dealers, please tell the truth!

/ Farmtrac dealer #2  
There are going to be good and bad dealers in this situation. I have talked to two different Farmtrac dealers. Both know about the problem and the one gave me a quote for a tractor he had on his lot with no promise of a warranty. The other dealer wouldn't quote a price until this mess is cleaned up.

I do know there are going to be a few dealers lying about these tractors but like anything, it is up to the consumer to verify these facts. With the internet all it takes is 5 minutes and you can learn everything you want to know about a particular topic.

/ Farmtrac dealer #3  
Stormovic,
Come check out my orange tractors!

/ Farmtrac dealer #4  
A few days before I heard of this mess, I got a quote from a JD dealer on a 5103 that virtually matched some numbers I'd been given over the phone a few days earlier on a Farmtrac 545...JD may have actually been slightly better considering the options.

With JD basic models matching Farmtrac prices, why would anyone bother with Farmtrac?
Bob

/ Farmtrac dealer #5  
Bob_Young said:
A few days before I heard of this mess, I got a quote from a JD dealer on a 5103 that virtually matched some numbers I'd been given over the phone a few days earlier on a Farmtrac 545...JD may have actually been slightly better considering the options.

With JD basic models matching Farmtrac prices, why would anyone bother with Farmtrac?
Bob

There are more then one or two lines with Farmtrac. The tractor I am looking at is the 7115DTC which is around $56k msrp. The equal John Deere will be in the $60k+ line. The 7115 is loaded with standard features that you have to pay extra for with other brands.

/ Farmtrac dealer #6  
I had a Farmtrac dealer near me tell a potential customer of mine a few years back that Montana was going out of business........ Now do you think he would be the type to tell anyone looking that Farmtrac is having troubles?? We both share the LG product, mine had a few more features and a better price, so I guess he figured this would get him the sale? The customer never did buy from me but I'll bet he didn't buy a Farmtrac either, at least not from that dealer. I also had spent a lot of money at that dealeship because he gave me wholesale pricing on complete trailer loads of implements. The last load was the one before he came up with this story.

I would think that an honest dealer is going to be honest no matter what the situation is and the others won't.

Selling tractors is not an easy job at all but I know my customers buy from me because they want to, not because I tricked them into it!!

Ken

/ Farmtrac dealer #7  
It is really unfortunate that dealers do this to each other. We have had Kubota and Massey Dealers tell customers that we can't get parts and have no service capability. It just makes us all look bad. Our dealership policy is to show only the written feature differences and any ligitimate news on competive brands. I hate to be the next "used car lot" that people can't trust. We all have to make a living at this, it is better to work together than beat each other over the head. Bad Dealers will demise on their own given the time.

/ Farmtrac dealer #8  
Robert_in_NY said:
There are more then one or two lines with Farmtrac. The tractor I am looking at is the 7115DTC which is around $56k msrp. The equal John Deere will be in the $60k+ line. The 7115 is loaded with standard features that you have to pay extra for with other brands.

Robert,

Have you looked at a Deutz Agrofarm 100? It comes loaded with all the same standard features. One extra standard feature it has is the 20Fx20R Power Shuttle Transmission with the LH Hydraulic Reverser. MSRP on it is around $53K. Here are a few photos of one.

Andrew
Iowa Farm Equipment

Attachments

• A-Farm100.JPG
    A-Farm100.JPG
    596.9 KB · Views: 7,830
  • A-Farm 100 (1).JPG
    A-Farm 100 (1).JPG
    566.5 KB · Views: 2,466
  • A-Farm 100 (6).JPG
    A-Farm 100 (6).JPG
    499 KB · Views: 665
  • A-Farm 100 (8).JPG
    A-Farm 100 (8).JPG
    487.8 KB · Views: 1,362
   / Farmtrac dealer #9  
Andrew said:
Robert,

Have you looked at a Deutz Agrofarm 100? It comes loaded with all the same standard features. One extra standard feature it has is the 20Fx20R Power Shuttle Transmission with the LH Hydraulic Reverser. MSRP on it is around $53K. Here are a few photos of one.

Andrew
Iowa Farm Equipment

Hi Andrew, I was getting quotes on the 7115 in case Farmtrac ended up discounting everything to get rid of inventory. I needed to know ahead of time what I could buy it for. Once I found out what standard features it had I was kind of hooked on it. Depending on what happens with my Ford 7710-II will decide when I buy another new tractor. I have nothing against Deutz but I would like to find a dealer close by to get parts from if I needed to. When the time comes to buy a new tractor you can believe me when I tell you I will look at every brand now since my NH dealer has lost me as a customer.

/ Farmtrac dealer #10  
Andrew said:
Robert,

Andrew
Iowa Farm Equipment

Or, how about the Lambo version? Someone on here was looking for tractors with front 3pt hitches

Attachments

• evo.jpg
    evo.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 621