Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member

Default Re: What's happened to TAFE?

This explains why AGCO is having so much trouble with the 2600 Series of MF tractors. These are not very good tractors (by US standards).

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1947 Massey Harris 30, 1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 351DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510

Last winter I bought a very low-hours 1995 TAFE 35DI from my local Massey Ferguson dealer. He assured me he could supply parts for it, and so far he has. It's listed in the Massey computer files with all cross-overs. At some point I may run into a thread problem (metric vs sae) but so far the thing hasn't needed anything but a ball joint for the power steering cylinder. Off a Massey 231, it threaded on 2/3 of the way before it jammed, but has worked fine that way.

Over 150 hours of use so far it's a great little tractor with outstanding fuel economy in the range of 2.5 litres per hour while mowing with a bush hog. It's an excellent cold-weather starter, as well.

Tractor
    tafe4010

Purchased Tafe4010 about a year ago and it has done fine so far. I ordered manuals and parts lists from a dealer that was listed on the internet with good results. I will post the address next week. Looks like these may take a group effort to find parts.

Tractor
    Tafe DI35

Anyone have any luck finding parts? I have a 95 Tafe 35 DI and have never needed parts before. I had a part of the hydrostatic steering break that I am told by Massey dealer is a specific Tafe product. The only place I found online was in KY and I ordered but it has been six months and counting.

Tractor
    TAFE 35DI

Hello TAFE owners, dealers and distributors... I am new to this forum. I own a TAFE 35DI that I use for light work and mowing that I traded in my old '50s MF 35 on some 15+ years ago. I have had very good service out of my ole TAFE. My TAFE dealer in Marianna, FL went out of business and I am trying to locate another parts and supplies dealer near my farm in Jackson County, FL (FL Panhandle). Anyone who has a suggestion can reach me at e-mail albarrs@wfeca.net. I have the owner's manual and also luckily bought a shop manual from the old distributor in Mississippi some years ago so do all my own work on my 35DI. Thanks...

Tractor
    Massey/TAFE/Allis/Cat

I have a pair of Tafe 35Di's. Have managed to find replacement starter. I also had one that the PS pump went out on and I could not get one reasonable from the Tafe network so I converted it to a Massey for about $300. I like the tractor much better than the comparable MF231 and hope that I can keep them going. If I can ever be of assistance to anyone my email is jay.v6carolina@gmail.com

Tractor
    TAFE 35DI

Quote Originally Posted by JayV6 View Post
    I have a pair of Tafe 35Di's. Have managed to find replacement starter. I also had one that the PS pump went out on and I could not get one reasonable from the Tafe network so I converted it to a Massey for about $300. I like the tractor much better than the comparable MF231 and hope that I can keep them going. If I can ever be of assistance to anyone my email is jay.v6carolina@gmail.com
    Thanks Jay;

Although I have had very little problems with my TAFE 35SDI, I too have resorted to alternate parts for my TAFE, even when I had a TAFE dealer in town. My battery did blow up from overcharge once, but I was not hurt... I needed to rebuild my alternator and my dealer said they wouldn't sell the parts and wanted several hundred dollars for a new alternator. I took it to a local small electric motor refurbishing business and he completely rebuilt it for $180.00 vs. the $450+ the TAFE dealer wanted. Other parts have been replace, but by and large because of something I caused, not the tractor of TAFE's fault. The seats are the main problem, they aren't constructed with durable materials and they have to be replaced occasionally and aren't cheap. I have replaced them once already and keep the TAFE under a shed out of the weather also. Thanks for offering assistance. I have run into a problem with my TAFE shutting it off. I had to drain and clean out the sump and replace the oil. I used an oil with graphite and it works fine now. I am having a slight problem with my accelerator leaver. When I crank my TAFE up it wants to speed up and by moving the accelerator lever to high and low several time it calms down to idle. I have oiled all the linkage, but it appears to be something internal. Have any idea what it might be?

Thanks!

Al Barrs
    Quail Ridge Farm
    Jackson County, Florida
    albarrs@wfeca.net

any idea where I might get a head for my DI35?

Tractor
    TAFE 35DI

I too own a 1995 TAFE 35DI, which I bought in 1995 trading in my old 50s Massey-Ferguson 35hp with Perkins engine, but my local dealer went out of business and I have been unable to find a dealer in my area that can supply parts. The corporate office in India has taken ALL dealers in the U.S.A. off their dealer location search on their main Website...disgusting me totally. I am thinking about trading for something else that I can get parts for like a kubota. I have a Kubota 1800 garden size tractor with mower deck now and have less trouble finding parts for it than my TAFE.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

That tractor is literally a direct injected ( 135 engine) MF 35. Check your local MF dealer, parts should not be an issue at all.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12