What's happened to TAFE?

/ What's happened to TAFE? #1  

kevanos

Silver Member
So, what has happened to TAFE in the USA??? I read that in 2006 or 2007 they purchased Robison & Grissom, the US distributor. They were at the 2007 National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville with a nice selection of tractors, including tractors that go up to 90hp. I know they are supplying AGCO with the new 3600-series MF tractors, (and that AGCO ownse 24% of TAFE).

They have been expanding elsewhere, especially in India. They bought the Eicher tractor line in 2005, (which we saw in the USA for a short period before that). They are contemplating whether to purchase either or both of the IMT or IMR (Rakovica) tractor companies. (FYI, IMT was distributed in USA previously by Robinson & Grissom, and was a licensee of MF.)

Anyway, the US website appears to be gone. Dealers don't seem to be active. And I haven't found any information. Anyone know????

/ What's happened to TAFE? #2  
Kevanos. Over the years I have seen you posting in various places with lots of good info. I looked at lots of photos you posted in farm photo. Do you work for one of the companies? Are you here stateside? Since you were at the farm show I would think but you have photos posted from Korea and other places. This is all assuming you are the same person.

Thanks for the info.

Maka

/ What's happened to TAFE?
Maka, I don't work for any farm or ag-related company, but rather for a tech company, stateside. I was raised on a farm, and we farmed until I was 15. My brother-in-law farms, and I live in the country. I have a huge interest (obsession) in farming and tractors in particular.

I am the same person, (farmphoto, tractorbynet, yesterday's tractors...)

As for TAFE, Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the 2008 NFMS, but I didn't see TAFE or Robison & Grissom listed as exhibitors.

/ What's happened to TAFE? #4  
Cool. Thanks for all the info over time.

Maka

/ What's happened to TAFE? #5  
TAFE USA is now gone......Massey Ferguson adopted them into their family as far as the US market is concerned. TAFE now builds the 2600 series for Massey Ferguson....2605 (38.5 hp), 2615 (49 hp), and the2625 (63 hp)

tommybr

/ What's happened to TAFE? #6  
Let me also say that these are fine little tractors....and with a good , attractive price, too!!!!

TAFE has been part of AGCO for a number of years and have been in the USA, so I don't know that I go with the statement that "Massey has adopted them...".

I have just never seen anything saying they were leaving the USA, who would handle warranties or anything.

Any former TAFE dealers out there?

/ What's happened to TAFE? #8  
All I know is that I am a Massey Ferguson dealer and that TAFE has left as far as the US market and the new 2600 series Massey Fergusons are built by TAFE....they have been merged, adopted, or however one wishes to phrase it, with Massey Ferguson. TAFE gave up on trying to run their own distributorship and dealer network in the US. and have been blended in with MF.

I contacted AGCO... TAFE has not been merged, adopted or anything else into AGCO in the US. They are gone, and there are sources for parts, but not through AGCO.

TAFE in India hasn't responded to any emails.

/ What's happened to TAFE? #10  
Hi, I am a new member. TAFE or to give it its full name, is Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited is a India based tractor major. With an annual production and sale of 100.000 tractors , it is the third largest tractor manufacturer in the world.It has not been absorbed by AGCO. AGCO, who are its colloborators, and TAFE work together in global markets , leveraging individual strengths as appropriate to specific markets to tap the potential in each market.TAFE produces the 2600 range for AGCO under the Massey Ferguson brand for sale by AGCO through its distribution channels.