Mahindra, Branson and attachments

/ Mahindra, Branson and attachments #1  

back_the_pack

Tractor
1998 NH 1920 4x4
Okay, I am going to buy my first tractor. Which one is the big question now. I would love to have a kubota L3010, but the price isn't right. Now Mahindra, Kioti and Branson are left on my list. I don't have a Kioti dealer near me, so that leaves Branson and Mahindra. These two seem very similar, right down to the model numbers. The 2810 is the model I am looking at. What I would like to know is can I find a backhoe that will fit on these? I was told that Mahindra is working on one that should be out sometime this summer. I want to know if I can find one out there if this doesn't happen. Also, I was not really impressed with the FEL that was on the Mahindra. Does anyone make a more heavy duty one that will work on the 2810? Sorry about the long post!

/ Mahindra, Branson and attachments #2  
I looked at Mahindra, Kioti, and Branson (cost was an issue for me as well) before I chose Mahindra. (looked @ the 4110, DK40, and F4350). All nice machines, but for me I preferred the Mahindra. (You can see "What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra" in the "buying" section if you want to see my reasoning for my decision)

I understand where you are coming from with regards to the Mahindra loaders. Mine works just fine (I have it on a 4110), but there are "quirks" to it that could be improved (e.g. visibility). The ML112 (mine) is almost identical to the Kubota LA682 in capacities, but I digress...

I don't see why something like a Great Bend wouldn't work - can't comment on the quality of the GB, but they might be an option for FEL & BH (say the 260 FEL and 651 BH perhaps?) Here's their web site in case you want to "scope them out." Of course, the best person to ask if it would work on the 2810 (Mahindra or Branson) is the dealer.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.greatbendmfg.com/>http://www.greatbendmfg.com/</A>

To my knowledge, Branson doesn't make a loader - I've generally seen the Branson dealers put GB's on their stuff.

I'm sure that someone else can speak more effectively to the GB stuff, but I couldn't resist responding since you are considering Mahindra... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Mahindra, Branson and attachments #3  
<font color=blue>...Does anyone make a more heavy duty one that will work on the 2810?...</font color=blue>

This is where the 3rd party loader/backhoe companies shine... Their business thrives on the "non" Big 3...

I wouldn't be too concerned over the HD aspect... here basic physics takes over... your capacity will boil down to the tractor's hydraulic horsepower capacity... if you don't have it to start with... the most heavy duty meanest backhoe won't work near it's capacity... no matter who made it...!

/ Mahindra, Branson and attachments
Thanks for the input guys. As far as the heavy duty goes, what really bothered me was the thin walls on the bucket. I noticed that the other manufacturers made them much thicker. I was really impressed with the Woods equipment my local Kubota dealers were using on most of their models. I called Woods and they said they don't manufacture anything for Mahindra or Branson at this time.

/ Mahindra, Branson and attachments #5  
I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to mention that Branson does have very nice loaders and backhoes. The loader even has a quick attack bucket. Pull a lever and the bucket is off. The backhoe has a sturdy sub-frame and comes off quickly. I have a Branson 3510 with loader and hoe and I'm impressed. OK, I must admit that I just started selling Branson's so perhaps I am biased, but this seems like a really fine machine.