2000 EF4

/ 2000 EF4 #1  

raymond

I seem to have a lack of power to the drive wheels on the EF4 I purchased, it has 103 hours on it. It just does not seem to move as quickly as it should when I push the accelerator and it will not push even a bucket full of dirt, it does not and will not spin the tires, any ideas would be great.

/ 2000 EF4 #2  
Raymond - I addition to what I said in my reply to your other post, I'd like to add that the "automotive" control of the Rexroth transmission, the "speed" of the machine is controlled automatically by its internal controls. It takes a little getting used to. At first, I didn't like it at all, compared to the L4310, but I'm getting to like it more and more all the time. A very important effect of the "automotive" control is that peak torque isn't produced until maximum engine rpm is achieved, so you could attempt to push into a pile of material running the engine at half throttle, but you would be generating very little overall torque, until you rev the engine all the way up. Let me know what happens when you try this, if you haven't already.